Hotel recommendations on Seawall near restaurants/bars

DStarr06

• 2 weeks later...

First, for any of the hotels on Seawall, have a car. There are a couple of restaurants around each hotel (though I noticed the Marriott Courtyard was way off by itself), but for a good selection, you will need a car. Things are really not in walking distance.

We stayed at the Hilton a few weeks ago prior to cruise. The hotel was somewhat nice, though the housekeeping was terrible, and not just in the rooms. Our first room was filthy, and they moved us, but the second room was dirty too.

I wrote what I thought was a fairly balanced review on TripAdvisor on the hotel, not only pointing out the housekeeping problems, but also things we liked at the hotel: front desk staff, breakfast waitress. I also added some tips, like lack of parking and no ocean view unless on front of hotel. Well, the manager responded to my review by basically arguing with me, that they were in fact on the Gulf (I didn't say they weren't), and that they had a parking lot (I didn't say they didn't), etc, etc. He argued over these little facts and tips, and didn't even apologize for the bad housekeeping! That totally ruined my experience there, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone based on that.

And BTW, I am a Hilton HHonors top tier member, and used my points for the room, and that was still the response from the manager. Kinda unbelievable.

First, for any of the hotels on Seawall, have a car. There are a couple of restaurants around each hotel (though I noticed the Marriott Courtyard was way off by itself), but for a good selection, you will need a car. Things are really not in walking distance.

We stayed at the Hilton a few weeks ago prior to cruise. The hotel was somewhat nice, though the housekeeping was terrible, and not just in the rooms. Our first room was filthy, and they moved us, but the second room was dirty too.

I wrote what I thought was a fairly balanced review on TripAdvisor on the hotel, not only pointing out the housekeeping problems, but also things we liked at the hotel: front desk staff, breakfast waitress. I also added some tips, like lack of parking and no ocean view unless on front of hotel. Well, the manager responded to my review by basically arguing with me, that they were in fact on the Gulf (I didn't say they weren't), and that they had a parking lot (I didn't say they didn't), etc, etc. He argued over these little facts and tips, and didn't even apologize for the bad housekeeping! That totally ruined my experience there, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone based on that.

And BTW, I am a Hilton HHonors top tier member, and used my points for the room, and that was still the response from the manager. Kinda unbelievable.

our room was fine on both visits, did you complain to Hilton-honors?, we had a problem with a Hilton property a couple of years ago and they gave us 35,000 points

our room was fine on both visits, did you complain to Hilton-honors?, we had a problem with a Hilton property a couple of years ago and they gave us 35,000 points

I've been trying to decide if I should, not so much the room issues, because I know things can happen, but the behavior by the GM. I think I ended up being more turned off by the property because of that.