SIM card

Hello, Traveling on the Diamond Princess from Sydney to Auckland and will need a SIM card for New Zealand. Anyone know if they can be bought on the ship? Or is it possible to buy one at the Port in Auckland or other ports that we stop at. Just not certain how easy they are to come by, plus I need someone to put it in for me and get it set up! Any suggestions on who to go with?

Thanks for your help

Hello, Traveling on the Diamond Princess from Sydney to Auckland and will need a SIM card for New Zealand. Anyone know if they can be bought on the ship? Or is it possible to buy one at the Port in Auckland or other ports that we stop at. Just not certain how easy they are to come by, plus I need someone to put it in for me and get it set up! Any suggestions on who to go with?

Thanks for your help

I buy my sim cards before I leave if I can.....Have had good results with this Aussie company.

http://www.simcorner.com/shop/nz

You would save 30 % on the exchange rate....easy to install yourself.

Hi, I always use 2degree's when I travel to NZ. Did this again last Xmas on Diamond. When u get off the ship in Auckland. Its directly across the road from the ship and up the main street a block, (34 Queen Street) if you purchase the sim card I think it was $5 and a $29 prepaid. It lasted me the 14 days and you can still use any left over when u get back to Ausi.

The shop will put it in and set it up for you ready to use.

Just be careful to turn off the data when not needed.

Here is a link

https://www.2degreesmobile.co.nz/store-locator/2degrees-queen-street/?search=Queen%20Street%2C%20Auckland%2C%20New%20Zealand&distance=640m&lat=-36.85054179999999&long=174.76465729999995

Enjoy your cruise, the Diamond is a beautiful ship. :)

I bought a SIM at the first port of call when we went to NZ, I think it was Dunedin. I think it was Telecom NZ. Didn't realise at the time but the bonus was that you got wifi access at places all over NZ.

Telecom NZ is now called Spark . You get the free wifi with Spark at all the old public telephone boxes that are left ....as well as the usual Libraries , Maccas, and some Cafes.