Air2Sea question

I'm a new cruiser to Royal Caribbean, so I'm wondering if this is worth looking into. I've done most of my cruises with Princess. If you book air through them, and your flight is delayed long enough for you to miss the cruise, then they will get you to the next port at their expense. At least that's what they say - we haven't had to test it yet.

I saw something about Air2Sea on a cruise website, so I'm wondering if it is the same thing. I can't find anything about it on the RCCL web site.

I have a cruise booked for next July, and I'm starting to look at flights now.

Thanks, Amy

I'm a new cruiser to Royal Caribbean, so I'm wondering if this is worth looking into. I've done most of my cruises with Princess. If you book air through them, and your flight is delayed long enough for you to miss the cruise, then they will get you to the next port at their expense. At least that's what they say - we haven't had to test it yet.

I saw something about Air2Sea on a cruise website, so I'm wondering if it is the same thing. I can't find anything about it on the RCCL web site.

I have a cruise booked for next July, and I'm starting to look at flights now.

Thanks, Amy

They have just renamed their old program (ChoiceAir) to Air2Sea. The website URL still works: http://www.choiceair.com.

They claim "assured arrival", but I'm not sure it's a real guarantee or a best effort thing.

It does not say "guarantee". If it was really a true guarantee, they would surely say so. I have some experience with them and this is what I learned:

I would NOT book them for the front end of my cruise. Long story that I've told on CC before. I did book them for our next transatlantic but it was only for coming back.