SeaBands

cruisethe7seas

To my cruise brides (or anyone who has been on a group cruise!):

We are bringing 9 guests with us on our wedding cruise. For the guest's gift bags, I wanted to give them SeaBands in case they get seasick (dont want to give Dramamine, makes them drowsy, interferes with other medications, and can't re-use).

But they're kinda expensive. I found someone on eBay who will sell me 10 new sets for like $53.

So my question is - how many guests that came actually used/needed these? How was the weather? We're doing 4-night Bahamas in April on the Fantasy.

Thanks

Julie

Carnival Victory - 10/2000

Celebrity Zenith - 10/2003 to 6/2004 (working)

Fantasy - 4/2006 Wedding cruise!

Well, I have not been on a group cruise, but in general I feel that most people don't get sick just by being on the big cruise ship. Out of your group of 10, I would say it would be probably less than half would need a medication. I tend to feel seasick while out on exursions (like on a tiny dive boat rocking back and forth!).

I have heard you can take bonine, which is supposed to be save for scuba diving, so I think it might be more compatible with other meds than dramamine.

Also, you can consider giving your guests ginger candies (Try your local whole foods or world market type store). They soothe an upset tummy and just generally taste good. :) It would also be a lot cheaper :-D

Archived