Harbor House Hotel

WLHyatt

Does anyone have any experience with this hotel and staying pre-cruise?

We plan to stay there the two nights before our May 22nd cruise on the Breeze. I have had a hard time finding reviews that include reviews of this hotel, and I am hoping some folks here have some information.

Can we really just walk out of the hotel and to the edge of pier 21 to watch the ship come up the Galveston ship channel?

How does parking work there?

The morning of embarkation, how do we handle dropping off our luggage and parking for the cruise? We plan to just park in the port owned parking, do we park first, or do we drop off our luggage first?

Does anyone have any experience with this hotel and staying pre-cruise?

We plan to stay there the two nights before our May 22nd cruise on the Breeze. I have had a hard time finding reviews that include reviews of this hotel, and I am hoping some folks here have some information.

Can we really just walk out of the hotel and to the edge of pier 21 to watch the ship come up the Galveston ship channel?

How does parking work there?

The morning of embarkation, how do we handle dropping off our luggage and parking for the cruise? We plan to just park in the port owned parking, do we park first, or do we drop off our luggage first?

Yes, you can just walk outside the hotel and you are right on the channel. We did that several years ago. We were able to walk to the cruise terminal.

A few years ago we stayed there. Was great to see our ship sail in past our window. We also just left the car parked there and shuttled to the terminal. My mom is in a wheelchair, but it is possible to forego the shuttle and walk to the terminal.

• 2 weeks later...

I plan to stay at Harbor House also the night before a cruise. I called and asked what they charge for parking on site during the cruise, and it is $10 per day plus tax OR you can park for $10 total for a week at their sister property, but you have to take a shuttle to and from that lot. I prefer to (and will) park at Galveston Park N Cruise because it is also walking distance from the port, so there is no need for a shuttle. $80 total with tax to park in a covered garage for the week. IMHO there is nothing worse than having to stand in a line with a bunch of other tired travelers wondering where the shuttle is to take you back to you car and to reality!

Interesting, I guess we could park at the other hotel the night before we go on the cruise and just walk to the terminal. There is a cruise in port the day before our sailing so it may work out that we can drop the car off that day and ride the shuttle back to the port or Harbor House.

We've stayed at the Harbor House pre-cruise several times. Will be staying there again in November. In the past, we've paid $10 a day while staying there, but then no charge while on the cruise. I'll have to call to see if that has changed!

In regards to the hotel - yes, you are right there on the bay and will be able to walk right out and see the activity in the harbor. We love staying there and getting up EARLY in the morning to walk down and see our ship coming in to "pick us up"! It's a short walk to Starbucks for something to keep you warm and wake you up. It's also a short walk to the Strand to wander, shop, eat, people watch before you cruise.

The hotel is nice, basic, but nice.

Cruise day - we drive over and drop off our luggage. Then drive back and make the short walk to the terminal. I agree with the GalFitness about standing in line waiting for a shuttle. This way all we have to do is walk down to the hotel, grab our car and start the drive home.