irritated the price dropped

bnorris10

I still have the option of canceling I will use 25% of my cruise but by cancelling and rebooking even with losing money I'll save $600 but she's going to call and see if they can do something before we go through that route I'm sure it probably be better if they just gave me an onboard credit this way to guarantee they use at there

When you book through ta everything has to be done through them

I understand but why can't you have the TA cancel/rebook? I've never used a TA but I would hope they would be able to do that for you.

Edit: sorry we must have been typing at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Moby0215

I still have the option of canceling I will use 25% of my cruise but by cancelling and rebooking even with losing money I'll save $600 but she's going to call and see if they can do something before we go through that route I'm sure it probably be better if they just gave me an onboard credit this way to guarantee they use at there

Oh I understand. So you are after final payment. At least you know that is an option.

I understand but why can't you have the TA cancel/rebook? I've never used a TA but I would hope they would be able to do that for you.

Edit: sorry we must have been typing at the same time.

yes she plans to but she wants to call them first and see what they can before going thru those measures we might be able to get them to just give me $600 OBC instead of going thru the hassle of canceling and rebooking ... Doing this also ensures that I will use that $600 with them instead of keeping the money myself so IMO it's the better choice either way my TA will fix the problem

I do agree with whomever said that it would be nice if my TA was keeping track of these price changes as if I were a TA I would keep track of all price changes especially when they are this extreme of a difference - Hopefully after dealing with me she will start to do that

Can one not be irritated over price drops especially when its such a large amount - I am sure everyone here is perfect and never got irritated over something like that - Either way it does not matter if I am irritated over it I am and I am not demanding that they do anything or screaming that I will cancel and never use them again nor did I say anything at all about being ripped off - What happens to someone else is on them if they want to pay a higher price and are ok with that then fine by me - and I would pay the higher price and be fine with it even if I had no other options but I do have options at this point so - what I am doing is venting over my frustrations that the price dropping by so much money -- If someone does not like my venting then get over it and read another thread

My agent is taking care of it NCL said because it was such a big difference in price they could not authorize that much of OBC and that it would be better to cancel and rebook so I picked out a new room just in case my room did not immediately come up for grabs when she re-booked it

I am saving about $1000 by having her rebook it which means it will pay for my spa package and for my Christmas cirq dinner show which is amazing plus give me some gambling money .... I am just glad I saw it I would have rather not lost all the money on it but I am OK with it

Wait, what? What room did you have originally because a price drop is an automatic free/ low-cost room upgrade or free OBC. Not only that, when you rebook especially a reservation that was more than 9 months before the scheduled sail date - you lose the extra Latitudes point; so unless you don't care about your Latitudes Loyalty status, go for it. If not, your travel agent should had told you that before rebooking it - NCL will warn you 1st before rebooking anything.

This can all be done after final payment too without rebooking or losing anything, as well. Hopefully, this December cruise you're mentioning is next year and not this December or, esle you just lost part of your deposit out of $1000 for a rebook too.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Wait, what? What room did you have originally because a price drop is an automatic free/ low-cost room upgrade or free OBC. Not only that, when you rebook especially a reservation that was more than 9 months before the scheduled sail date - you lose the extra Latitudes point; so unless you don't care about your Latitudes Loyalty status, go for it. If not, your travel agent should had told you that before rebooking it - NCL will warn you 1st before rebooking anything.

This can all be done after final payment too without rebooking or losing anything, as well. Hopefully, this December cruise you're mentioning is next year and not this December or, esle you just lost part of your deposit out of $1000 for a rebook too.

The december cruise is this year so its only 68 days away

OP was down $2K from the current offers, cancelling and rebooking left him out of pocket $1K, which is better than some OBC.

I am not out anything in fact I am better off than when I started I know have an extra $1000 in my pocket granted had I waited til now to book I would have 1800 in my pocket but I am ok with having been refunded $1000 of it

That's what I thought, I'm happy for you, wish you had it all, but this is much better than doing nothing about it :)

That's what I thought, I'm happy for you, wish you had it all, but this is much better than doing nothing about it :)

Yup ... sure is ... me bring proactive paid for all most of my luxuries on the boat so I am tickled pink over it