Going to Bar Harbor? Read this.

betmart

I've just been told, on another thread, from someone returning from the same cruise on NCL Jewel that as we only arrive in Bar Harbor at 9am we may be short of time to tender and arrive for the 10.00am trolley tour. So I'm reluctant to pre-book. Ollie's trolley say you do not need to book so hoping there may be spaces on that although they do say to be there 30mins beforehand.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
If you go to left in Halifax after leaving ship, there's a nice boardwalk with shops, restaurants, and the museum with the Titanic stuff. .......

betmart

I just saw your post. Thanks for telling us about the shuttle to Arcadia unknown if the shuttle will be running in October though.

How did you get to the boardwalk, restaurants, and Maritime museum with Titanic? Walk or take a cab? We want to see see the Titanic but dont want to pay for the excursion so we want to do this on our own. So I am wondering if this is a short walk from the cruise ship terminal or do we take a cab? Need advise on what to do on our own in Halifax (if you dont mind).

Thanks.

Minybear

Since this is such an old post, it would be better to start another thread.

That said, yes there is a free shuttle in town, listed in info for Halifax, although the route hasn't been established yet. You can check out tours to Peggy's Cove and the Titanic memorial (different from the museum) by googling the topics.

Bar Harbor -

PLEASE NOTE: ISLAND EXPLORER SERVICE WILL OPERATE FROM JUNE 23, 2006 THROUGH OCTOBER 9, 2006.

• 3 weeks later...

We did Oli's Trolley in 2004. Nice ride. Do head up to the bus (what they used since it was cooler...right away after your tender docks--don't shop on the way up the street. We were pre booked and there were quite a few people on the bus when we got there. They seemed to wait for a full bus and didn't take off at an exact time.

• 3 weeks later...

IIRC, if the bus is going directly to Jordon Pond House and return to BH, there is no park fee. If, however, the bus is doing the park loop road then the passengers pay the park entrance fee.

Enjoy the afternoon tea and popovers & strawberry jam at JPH

SBtS

• 1 year later...

Alpal1993 asked: If you did get to the Mnt how far of a walk was it?

Read here under section Surounding Attractions for information on hiking up (& return) Cadillac Mtn. You would use the Island Explorer to get to the trail head. I'm sure you could get detailed information on which bus to use at the pick up point at the BH town green.

http://iceagetrail.umaine.edu/content/viewLocation.php?mapNumber=1

And you were told correctly, the Island Explorer does NOT go up Cadillac Mtn.

Here's the link for the Island Explorer: http://www.exploreacadia.com/index.htm

SBtS

• 3 weeks later...

Archived