Specialty Dining Deals

acvdk

We are sailing on the Silhouette on 11/15/15 and had a couple of questions on specialty dining.

-My understanding is that the discounts offered for 1st night specialty dining can be had for other nights as well if you go through the right channels and the restaurants aren't full. Does anyone have any experience getting these?

-Does the $29/day unlimited specialty dining include gratuity or is it added on top? Can it be purchased later in the cruise on a pro-rated basis (for example if we don't like our MDR experience on the first night)?

-Eating at Blu appeals to us a lot but we are in Concierge Class. I understand that it is possible to eat there for $5 pp cover charge based on availability. Is this true and what is availability normally like?

Edited by acvdk

We are sailing on the Silhouette on 11/15/15 and had a couple of questions on specialty dining.

-Eating at Blu appeals to us a lot but we are in Concierge Class. I understand that it is possible to eat there for $5 pp cover charge based on availability. Is this true and what is availability normally like?

Not true for Concierge. Sorry.

-My understanding is that the discounts offered for 1st night specialty dining can be had for other nights as well if you go through the right channels and the restaurants aren't full. Does anyone have any experience getting these?

They will run specials every day on individual days

-Does the $29/day unlimited specialty dining include gratuity or is it added on top? Can it be purchased later in the cruise on a pro-rated basis (for example if we don't like our MDR experience on the first night)?

This option will sell out on the first evening, limited # offered

Nope, that option is only offered to pax staying in a Suite.

Hope this answers your questions.

ps: the grat is included in the price, but many add more.

Edited by wallie5446

You can often get a discount on specialty dining by asking the Maître de or at the dining table at the entry of the buffet if there are any specials for that evening. You have to do this on a day by day basis. Persons who purchase participation in an event are also sometimes offered a discount for booking a specialty restaurant.

The $29/day UDP does include gratuity, but does not include tax. You can only purchase this plan on embarkation day and this is only available to a limited amount of passengers.

Concierge passengers are not permitted to eat in Blu, not even for a fee. Only Aqua and suite passengers have access to Blu.

Try the specialty dining lunch at $25-30 pp. Usually 1-2 offered on 'at sea' days at noon-1pm. Lunch choices not full menu - check with specialty dining maitre'd early in cruise where/which day(s) offered. Signed up once for Qsine lunch, only 8 reserved, so we were called that lunch cancelled but honored that price for dinner. HAPPY CRUISING

The $29/day UDP does include gratuity, but does not include tax. You can only purchase this plan on embarkation day and this is only available to a limited amount of passenger...............

The Ultimate Dining Package as people have said can only be purchased on Day1, then only if available. The charge is $29/pp/pday and has to be purchased for the complete cruise, the $29 charge is inclusive of all gratuities eg a 7 day cruise will cost $203/pp.

We have had the package on four past occasions, the only time taxes were added was in the Mediterranean when we were on a cruise without a non EU port on the itinerary i.e. Celebrity called it Spanish Tax.

Edited by mickey89
typo