Fabulous Day with Patouche

pklopp

Hello - we had 20 cruise critics go on one boat last week (9/20) with Patouche and had a fabulous time - Clive, Pierce and I cannot remember the young lady's name were our crew and they did a great job. We departed about 9:30 and returned about 4:00. We went to the Baths which was a great experience and after lunch to Cooper Island. I have seen more fish in other places and there were lots of jellyfish around, but the coral at Cooper was some of the best that we've ever seen. They provided beer, soft drinks and water (I understand there were only 4 beers left when we returned!). They offered delicious muffins on the way to the Baths and lunch after the Baths was pasta salad, cole slaw and deep dish quiche and it really hit the spot. For $90 it was worth every penny! My husband was snoring by 9;30 that night and I forced myself to stay awake until 10:30 and I normally am awake until 1:00 or 2:00 in the a.m. Highly recommend Patouche and Julie was always so helpful with answering emails - if you're in Tortola try http://www.patouche.com - they are one of few that are operating year round.

Peggy

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your review of Patouche. We are in Tortola in Nov and are trying to decide whether to take Patouche or go to the Baths on our own. We really want to be able to see the Baths, sounds like you had enough time there?

We had 20 on our boat - all cc'ers, but I'm not sure what the maximum is. They had another boat that was going out that day also. We got to the Baths and snorkeled in and then went thru the Baths - involved some climbing and tight places and we had a variety of sized people and had no problems. What was real neat was snorkeling between 2 boulders to get to the Baths - time spent at the Baths - having too much fun to really remember! I'm going to say approximately 1 to 1/2 hours?? This would include swimming to the Baths and going thru, swimming around a bit and back on the boat. We had 3 guides who were very knowledgeable on our whole trip - it was just a fantastic day and worth the $90. If I ever return to Tortola (and I want to), I will book with them again - Julie was very professional and friendly with all of our questions we had beforehand.

This daysail was so wonderful that my husband was snoring by 9:30 p.m. and I forced myself to stay awake until 10:30 p.m., and I am a night owl and usually am up until 1;30 or 2:00 a.m.!!

Peggy

Enjoy your day, Mary, and tell Julie that the group from 9/20 says hi! She may remember us as the group that drank just about everything on board. We told her that we would recommend Patouche any opportunity we had.

Have fun, wish we were going again!

Peggy

Archived