Sheraton Convention Center

25dbb

Booked this hotel for pre-cruise stay for January, interested in what is in the area around this hotel, restaurants, stores, etc, within a reasonable walking distance. We are getting in very late afternoon and plan on enjoying the infinity pool during the evening, would just like to venture out for last minute stuff if needed or a quick breakfast in the morning

We stay here often and will again January 7-9 pre-cruise. Not a lot close by, but convenient to pier and old town by taxi. For dinner we walk a couple of blocks to Casita Miramar which we enjoy. A little farther past Casita Miramar are several other restaurants, a grocery store and a small movie theatre. The pool area at the hotel is nice.

• 2 weeks later...
We stay here often and will again January 7-9 pre-cruise. Not a lot close by, but convenient to pier and old town by taxi. For dinner we walk a couple of blocks to Casita Miramar which we enjoy. A little farther past Casita Miramar are several other restaurants, a grocery store and a small movie theatre. The pool area at the hotel is nice.

I'll be staying here pre/post-cruise in late dec & early Jan. Is it close/safe enough to the pier such that walking to the ship from the hotel is feasible? I've looked at it on Google Maps and it looks to be about 1 mile, but it is very hard to tell if there are sidewalks or if traffic would be heavy/dangerous.

Gloob

I'll be staying here pre/post-cruise in late dec & early Jan. Is it close/safe enough to the pier such that walking to the ship from the hotel is feasible? I've looked at it on Google Maps and it looks to be about 1 mile, but it is very hard to tell if there are sidewalks or if traffic would be heavy/dangerous.

Gloob

Despite it being nearby, walking to the ship would not be feasible. The road to the ship(s) (Celebrity Summit also docks at the Pan American pier) is narrow, and is crowded with taxis coming and going. There is no sidewalk.