Liberty Upgrade Offer

Mr2Scents

I was just offered an upgrade to a spa deck balcony on the Liberty for our December cruise. We were offered either cabin 1114 or 1122, vs. the current balcony I have which is on deck 6, cabin 6416. It's nominal money. I'm asking the CC public, do you think this is a good upgrade?

I never get cabins on Deck 6 without finding out what is below me. Looks like your cabin is right above the Stage Bar. I don't know how noisy that would be, but you're real close to the disco, which could be quite noisy.

OTOH, it looks like you would have no cover over the balcony on Deck 11. So no shade and people on Deck 12 can look down on you. Also, I've read some find trash on their balcony from above.

There is no difference between the cabins. This ship does not have the Cloud 9 Spa, so there is no advantage there.

So no sleep on Deck 6 or no privacy on Deck 11.

I guess I'd stay put and bring ear plugs just in case.

Edited by KenMo

I would definitely take the upsell. Deck 6 is right above promenade where all the night activities are located . Too many chances for noise. 6416 seems to be above a bar. Admittedly I prefer being on Lido or above. There are less rooms so lessens the chance of noisy neighbors.

For $40 I booked the upsell. We're going to try something new. I typically like to book on deck 7 to give us a buffer between Lido or Promenade but we couldn't there this time due to us not booking until August. Why not give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks for replying.