Karaoke aboard "Valor"

SkyMaster

Just booked another cruise aboard "Valor", and a bunch of my VFW karaoke friends are going as well. I haven't been aboard since April of this year, and was wondering if any of you have sailed "Valor" more recently, and can advise me if the Karaoke system aboard has been upgraded to the "very limited, solid state system", or are they still playing CD+G disks? If it is the new system, how was the host/hostess? I'm anxious to let all my friends know before we sail.

THANKS for the info. ;)

"SKY"

WOW, I can't believe there isn't anybody here who's sailed "Valor" lately. It always seems to be at full capacity when I sail. ;)

C'mon guys and gals. Give me some straight scoop, reference Karaoke aboard "Valor". :cool:

"SKY"

We just came off the Valor and they had karaoke seems like about every night, they only had comedians for 2 nights, they had it with a karaoke system and some nights with a band ... not sure what system sky, cause you now we just go to have fun, and not sing .. we let you do all the singing .. :)

Although there was a guy from Georgia he said, and when he came up on stage , the host asked if he ever sang karaoke before,( cause he picked Whitney Houston song I Will Always Love You ) he said yes, then he NAILED it...was the best we heard on the cruise ...

We just came off the Valor and they had karaoke seems like about every night, they only had comedians for 2 nights, they had it with a karaoke system and some nights with a band ... not sure what system sky, cause you now we just go to have fun, and not sing .. we let you do all the singing .. :)

Although there was a guy from Georgia he said, and when he came up on stage , the host asked if he ever sang karaoke before,( cause he picked Whitney Houston song I Will Always Love You ) he said yes, then he NAILED it...was the best we heard on the cruise ...

THANKS Griz! I appreciate your answer, and look forward to sailing "Valor" again in September.

I too love it when someone gets up on stage, and in your mind you figure, "well, this should be a treat", and then he/she absolutely NAILS a song, and especially a really tough song like "I Will Always Love You". Makes the evening a total success.

Hope to see you aboard again one of these days, and once again, THANKS!

"SKY"

Ken