March flight to San Juan -- which carrier?

bakery

All the talk about Delta has me a little spooked. I'm about to book air for our March cruise, and am likely to go with either United or US Airways. Anything I should know about the fiscal health of either of those companies before I book?

AA is the biggest in San Juan, we use them, but I wouldn't worry about Delta. United has been in bankruptcy for years, neither one is going anywhere soon. Pay with a credit card, buy travel insurance, and don't worry about it.

Independence has also just announced new non-stop daily flights from Washington Dulles to San Juan. Not sure I would trust these guys to still be in business 6 months from now, but in the short term, they might spur a bit of a seat sale amongst the other airlines as FlyI introduces some cheaper fares to the route.

Oh, I agree, I wasn't suggesting anyone buy a ticket on them, for next week, let alone next winter. Just saying that when an airline starts a new route like this, they usually have a short term downward affect on prices on other airlines, so maybe doing some shopping in the next week or so would be a good idea.

Archived