Upsell at 3 Days Out!

10XCruiser

I had given up on getting an offer since we leave on the Conquest on Saturday. Printed out all my docs last night. Got home today and had just missed a call from Carnival but a message was left. After a little phone-tag, we finally hooked up. I had purchased an inside 4C that upgraded to 4E (deck 7) due to past passenger about 10 weeks ago. I was offered a balcony 8E (deck 10) for $280 total. Since this is an 8 day trip with 3 sea days, I thought this was a good offer and took it. Cabins above and below, so should be quiet.

What do you think - did I do right? Would you have gone for it? Just curious.

I am going on the Sunshine Sunday. I have a balcony on deck 7. Got a call today to upgrade to a gran suite for $600. Since I was already on a balcony did not think it a great deal A Grand Suite once in my life would be nice but not at that price, especially since its only a 5 night cruise. I offered $300 but he didn't take it . Had to try.

Sulberry,

No extra for tax. $280 total - that's it.

Thanks everyone, I have not told my husband yet since he is at work. I'm sure he will ask if it is worth the extra money and wanted some back up from my CC buds! I am pretty stoked and will definitely enjoy.

Happy cruising everyone!

Sulberry,

Thanks everyone, I have not told my husband yet since he is at work. I'm sure he will ask if it is worth the extra money and wanted some back up from my CC buds! I am pretty stoked and will definitely enjoy.

Happy cruising everyone!

It is worth it if you spend a good deal of time out there. Last few cruises we havent so wondering what we will do in the future when balcony cabins are a good deal.

If it was $280 for the cabin yes. I do to know if I would have done it for $280 pp. once you add extra tax it would be over $600 if it was pp.

Sublarry

The government fees and taxes are the same whether you sail in a 1A or a GS. You do not pay more tax because you paid more for the cruise. It is not a sales tax, but rather an amount based on charges imposed by the governments and ports.

It is worth it if you spend a good deal of time out there. Last few cruises we havent so wondering what we will do in the future when balcony cabins are a good deal.

I've come to the same conclusion. I used to exclusively book balconies but now I find myself booking more 4J cabins. I'd rather take that $600 and use it towards an excursion, drinks and other fun stuff. If a balcony upgrade was offered for $200 then I would take it, but at $600+ dollars over a 4J cabin I wouldn't do it.

Sulberry,

Happy cruising everyone!

I did and upgrade once from an ocean view to a balcony, and wanted to NOT tell my wife until we got to the ship..... I kept it to myself for about two weeks, but could hardly sleep with the anticipation of surprising her at the port..... I told her, and then I was able to sleep again.

Since then we have only ever booked balcony cabins.

I'm not enough of a gambler to try a guarantee cabin, and hope for an upgrade.... My luck I would be stuck in an inside cabin beside the engine room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by NS-Cruiser

I think you landed a fantastically great deal......think about it back when you booked, a balcony on the 10th deck was far more than $140 pp over the cost of your inside cabin on an 8 day cruise! I wouldn't think about it for one second at that great price.....you will LOVE that balcony - even just when waking up in the morning or even going out there before you go to bed....they are the BEST!! You will be spoiled and "hooked" just like we are! Enjoy!!

We got an upsell call about a week before our trip. It was to upgrade from an 8E to a suite for $400 total. Since I was able to use our accumulated OBC to cover, I jumped all over it.

We ended up spending a lot of time in our cabin .... so it was worth every penny to us.

I think you got a great deal! Have a fabulous trip!

Edited by christyran1228