Porter question.

grifval5

If anyone can help[ me with this? We have a fairly heavy suit-carrier and wonder if the porters will accept it to send to our stateroom on arrival in our taxi? We would carry it, as recommended, but as DH and myself are over 70 years, we would not find it easy :). Thanks for any advice.

If anyone can help[ me with this? We have a fairly heavy suit-carrier and wonder if the porters will accept it to send to our stateroom on arrival in our taxi? We would carry it, as recommended, but as DH and myself are over 70 years, we would not find it easy :). Thanks for any advice.

We always hand in the suit carrier. It normally contains a dinner suit, two other jackets, a few pairs of trousers and about 3 or 4 long dresses, plus at least one pair of my shoes.

It's ever been a problem.

Just remember to take off the shoulder strap in case it gets caught in the cages.

Stewart

Certainly in Southampton handing a suit-carrier in on arrival, to the porters, wouldn't be an issue, but please ensure it is labelled securely (a friend's wasn't).

Have a great time! :)

Edited by pepperrn

Many thanks for your helpful replies. We are sailing out of Southampton on 22nd October. Not long to go and very excited.

BigMac1953...very similar packed suit-carrier except perhaps shoes :)

pepperrn.......thanks, will ensure it is labelled :)

Edited by grifval5
wrong name

As long it is labelled correctly and is secure (i.e. nothing can fall out), it will be accepted. My wife and I first did the transatlantic in 2010, when we were relocating to the USA and had 23 items with us, most were bags, some boxes, and some strange shaped carriers – all were accepted by porters.