Adequate compensation?

binkey36

HAL DID abandon them since HAL's port representative did nothing, the HAL insurance rep did nothing, both of which had a responsibility to be a liaison between the passengers and the hospital.

Those are assumptions of which neither the OP nor any of us have sufficient knowledge. OP did not get off the ship with her father and, therefore, had no first hand knowledge of what HAL or its port representative did or did not do. As for the insurance, HAL is not the insurer and is not the determinating entity. It was the third-party insurance company's call.

Please try to get over the feeling that your father and his companion were abandoned by HAL. The Doctor on the ship determined that they were not well enough to continue the cruise and transferred them to a hospital so that they could get the care that they needed. It is very unfortunate that they got sick.

Has the insurance company ( not HAL) acknowleged your fathers claim for his C-Pap? If not submit the claim again.

Completely OT I know but one HAL Doctor disembarked our friends after sending the DW to the hospital at Kotor, Montenegro for assessment. The assessment was that she was well enough to continue with their cruise but the Hal Doctor (American) couldn't understand the language of the assessment so wouldn't abide by it. No attempt was made by the Doc to have it translated. I think she could have done a lot more for her patient.

The ship sent a bottle of hand sanitizer to all the rooms.

Wow! Did they have that much on-board or did they pick it up in port somewhere?

I can only assume the ship had the hand sanitizer on board. It was the super duper Purell. Since we are entering flu season in the northern hemisphere... I would love to find that super duper Purell here in the states.