Aft Balcony on Triumph

DRZ2

I've heard that the two end rooms on aft extended balcony on Triumph such as 8430 and 8435 are bigger then the other aft extended balcony rooms in the middle. Is this true? Does anyone have any pictures? Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Do a google search for "aft balcony triumph". You will see photos of the aft of the Triumph. You can see that the two outside aft balconies are wider (maybe twice as wide?) as the others. In the eights deck only.

Edited by kbanowsky

Besides having larger balconies, are the cabins larger or smaller? On some other ships, like the Dream and Sunshine, the balconies are twice as long but the actual cabin is much smaller. I'm going to be booking an aft balcony on the Triumph and want to pick a good one.

Thank you.

Besides having larger balconies, are the cabins larger or smaller? On some other ships, like the Dream and Sunshine, the balconies are twice as long but the actual cabin is much smaller. I'm going to be booking an aft balcony on the Triumph and want to pick a good one.

Thank you.

Cabins for Triumph are exactly same size. We struck up a conversation with our neighbor that had the larger balcony. They confirmed room size the same, just those 2 balconies 50% wider. They said they booked a long way out to get one. Remember these are just on the Verandah deck and there are only 2 like that on ship.

You might also consider one of the L-shaped cabins on decks 6 & 7. They are all rated as category 8A on Deck 6 & 8Bs on Deck 7. The room is laid out different, slightly bigger with more closet space. The bed is a standard queen size (doesn't come apart) but your feet face the window. The real feature is the balcony is twice the size. We stayed in 7419 on our last cruise. Balcony had a lounger, two chairs, and a small table.

There are two L-shapes on Deck 7 and 4 on deck 6. They are the same on all ships of this class and the Conquest class.

They are the same price as the regular cabins next door but with a larger balcony. I'm surprised that Carnival doesn't charge extra for these. They do tend to get booked up quickly. I attached some photos of our cabin during Jan 2014.

7419b.jpg.1e7afea2c1545d8bbb32a27af78ce76c.jpg

7419a.jpg.3e21a934ce3d582ce22a0c34212ac6fa.jpg

7419c.jpg.2497f27954cd9d0cf3eae9f3135ab28e.jpg

Edited by notyours75

• 1 month later...

We just booked room 8432 on Triumph for 10/1/16. This will be our first aft-view balcony and now I wonder if we'll be missing out. We're right next door to those primo balconies! Has anyone stayed in the middle aft extendeds on deck 8?

We had the larger balcony like that on the Conquest last year. It was really great having the extra space. I just didn't like being right below the lido deck since I'm a light sleeper. Room was no different in size from any other.

If you scroll down on this thread, you can see a photo of the balcony. I know it's not the Triumph but it's basically the same

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1995075