Ncl tv lineup

motleyfan

I haven't been on a cruise in about a year. I was wondering if there any new channels on the TV?

I was on the GEM 3 weeks ago and the TV on all of my NCL cruises was very limited. I don't cruise to watch TV, but there should be something else on the TV for sea days or late evenings when you just want to lay low. What I remember there was about 6 channels for NCL sponsored stuff along with a Fox news channel, a CNN channel, a travel log, one kids channel, a BBC channel, a movie channel, and a sit com rerun channel. The movie channel has long delays between movies and the same with the sit com channel. I take a small portable DVD player and some movies for times I want down time.

Norwegian Sky:

CNN, TNT, The Cartoon Network, Turner Classic Movies, Fox News Channel & ESPN.

Ships based out of US ports:

MSNBC

CNBC

BBC World News

Fox News

E! Channel

ESPN

Ships based out of European Ports:

Sky News

Sky Sports News

BBC World News

E! Channel

CNBC Europe

Various European Channels (depends on the ship and location. All ships will have a German and Spanish channel).

There are two movie channels onboard. One with new releases (that have just left theaters) and another with movies that have been out of theaters about six months or more.

The rest are onboard channels (shore excursions, onboard activities, shopping channel, safety information, iTV is available aboard N. Epic and Pride of America).

Let's see about that. MTN communications has installed there new hybrid system on the Escape. The same system that is on the RCI Quantum call ships. There video content and internet speed is amazing for a cruise ship. So we shall see very soon.

I don't cruise to watch TV either but the selection on Norwegian is bad. I know the thinking is to get you out of the cabin to spend but sometimes you just want to relax before dinner or something like that.

I was on Regal Princess and their system was awesome. In addition to on demand movies they had 5 themed music channels to listen to.

Norwegian Sky:

CNN, TNT, The Cartoon Network, Turner Classic Movies, Fox News Channel & ESPN.

Ships based out of US ports:

MSNBC

CNBC

BBC World News

Fox News

E! Channel

ESPN

Ships based out of European Ports:

Sky News

Sky Sports News

BBC World News

E! Channel

CNBC Europe

Various European Channels (depends on the ship and location. All ships will have a German and Spanish channel).

There are two movie channels onboard. One with new releases (that have just left theaters) and another with movies that have been out of theaters about six months or more.

The rest are onboard channels (shore excursions, onboard activities, shopping channel, safety information, iTV is available aboard N. Epic and Pride of America).

No ESPN or E! on the BA last week. Two totally useless channels instead. They only picked up ESPN for football.

On a ship packed with passengers from the NY metro area and both NY baseball teams in the postseason they did not show either the Yankees AL Wild Card game nor the two Mets NLDS games. In past years I've always seen postseason baseball on NCL ships.

Pretty much the same line-up: BBC, CNBC and Fox news, a favorite shows channel, movie channel, sports, shopping, activities, reruns of some of the on-board game shows, plus pay-per-view movies.

Tracy

And the pay-per-view movies are free for Haven guests right?

I don't cruise to watch TV either but the selection on Norwegian is bad. I know the thinking is to get you out of the cabin to spend but sometimes you just want to relax before dinner or something like that.

I was on Regal Princess and their system was awesome. In addition to on demand movies they had 5 themed music channels to listen to.

I only watch TV in between. For example I wake up, watch a little TV, then go get breakfast, then come up to the room and change while changing I watch TV, then go swimming and so forth and so forth the TV is on in between lol

I stay in The Haven on nearly every cruise but have never been told the PPV movies are free. That would be nice! I'll be sure and ask in two weeks though.

Tracy

I was told that they are free on the new ships. I'll see if I can find the old thread.

I stay in The Haven on nearly every cruise but have never been told the PPV movies are free. That would be nice! I'll be sure and ask in two weeks though.

Tracy

Here's the picture and I just commented on that old thread it's the Haven DVD thread

1445094197781.jpg.2e2d00cf94f948befd4052a566bb7920.jpg