Sockets on board

sandian

Hi Sandra, my understanding from a photo someone posted is that there are 2 euro style sockets and 2 US style in staterooms so you will need either a European adaptor or a US one.The European is a higher voltage though, closer to UK voltage so will charge things quicker and if it's a UK electrical item behave more like at home.Hope that helps and you have a great trip.

I'm on the 2 nighter just before you,I'll try to make sure there is some food and drink left,but I can't guarantee it!

:)

Edited by philhar

My understanding is that there are 2 US. and 2 european sockets. So if you take 2 US. to UK and 2 EU to UK plug converters you should have 4 usable sockets.

If you are from the US you can take 2 European to US converters and you get 4 useable and if you're from continnetal Europre take 2 US to European for 4 usable. I Think!

3 prong, just like at home

No I don't think so it's 2 prong but different to continental europe (One has flat prongs the other round cant remember which is which DOH!). They are prety cheap on amazon

3 prong, just like at home

I live in a 114-year-old house, so most of the outlets are still 2-prong!

I'm also bringing a power strip (without surge protector, which is what someone recommended) and an extension cord, because I need to plug in something on the night table, and I was told the outlets may not be near the night table. CTTE of it, I need to get a 3-prog extension cord I think.

I use a CPAP machine when sleeping and bring an extension cord to reach the outlets. 2 prong extension cord is just fine.

Dan

Thanks! That's what I need it for. LOL. I was going to check it tonight, but CTTOI it has to be two prong because I know it's a two-prong outlet it's plugged into now.

The sockets are on the counter across the foot of your bed. I normally carry a 12 foot, light weight extension cord to get to bedside for a CPAP. and I bring a standard power bar (no surge protect) to provide additional sockets for charging phones and cameras.

In the very distant past, we have had problems with surge protected power strips causing the ship's circuit breaker to trip. (Probably also a surge protected circuit).