NCL selling cabins already sold on the Sun!!

cmdchiefthom

I think it is a smart marketing ploy. It makes the customer feel that NCL is doing something for them.
It's not really a smart marketing ploy. It's a standard marketing ploy that most businesses use and it does make the consumer think they've gotten something for their trouble. Example: had a terrible experience with Budget cars in Las Vegas a while back. I wrote a letter. Received a $25 coupon off my next Budget rental in Las Vegas. Wasn't going to use Budget in Las Vegas again but decided to because we had a coupon. Booked another car with Budget in Las Vegas for our last trip and had even worse problems. Sure, we got to use the coupon but we had to put up with even worse service. I wrote another letter. This time I received $100 in rental coupons. Will I use them? No. Have I sworn off Budget car rental in Las Vegas. You bet. Did I get anything of value from Budget for my troubles? No. But they did what is best for their business. They want me to give them another chance. That's all a business wants...they want you to come back again. It costs exponentially more money to acquire a new customer than it does to keep a current customer. So NCL is doing what everyone does. It's not necessarily right but it's what works most of the time.

Archived