When do you pay for the Chef's Table?

bahama_mama2015

its charged to your sail and sign account but like any other charge the receipt is brought out to you at the end of the dinner...one so you have it for your records but also, you can tip more if you want. For me the $75 a person is more than enough and tip is included in that just like the steakhouse upcharge. Sometimes you get someone who goes above and beyond though.

For me the $75 a person is more than enough and tip is included in that just like the steakhouse upcharge. Sometimes you get someone who goes above and beyond though.

On Carnivals website regarding the steakhouse it does indeed say the tip is included, however it (does not) say the tip is included anywhere for the Chef's Table.

Where did you see that????

:confused:

On Carnivals website regarding the steakhouse it does indeed say the tip is included, however it (does not) say the tip is included anywhere for the Chef's Table.

we have been told in person while at the chefs table

We were told in person and was also told it was $ 10 pp by John Heald.

He still wouldnt say how much of the $ 35 for steakhouse was a tip.

Never understood why this is such a big secret.

I know the price of the chef's table to be $75 but I budget $90 per person because I feel the service and meal is top notch and worth the compliment to the chef and staff. Just booked the table for 6 for our family March cruise. My kids and their spouses are getting the "table" as their Christmas gift this year. And they are thrilled with my choice of a gift for them.

I just RSVP CT for New Years cruise on Magic. We did it on the Dream two years ago and it was one of the most outstanding meal events ever. We did a CT on the Oasis in March and while the meal and service were both fantastic; I really enjoyed being in the galley on the Dream. I am not sure I would do another CT if it wasn't in the galley. I think the food and service in the steak house or other specialty restaurants is as good.

I just RSVP CT for New Years cruise on Magic. We did it on the Dream two years ago and it was one of the most outstanding meal events ever. We did a CT on the Oasis in March and while the meal and service were both fantastic; I really enjoyed being in the galley on the Dream. I am not sure I would do another CT if it wasn't in the galley. I think the food and service in the steak house or other specialty restaurants is as good.

When we did it on the Pride they handed out the first few course while we were in the galley observing dinner service.

Amazed us how long the asst waiters had to hang out in the galley to get their stuff.

After that they moved us to the bottom floor of the nightclub for the rest of the dinner.