Black and white night

willow3

I am going on a 7 night cruise on the oceana . I have checked my cruise personaliser where it says there are 2 formal nights . whenever I've been on p&o there has always been a black and white night on one of the formals but I can't seem to find this info .we are flying so don't want to take something with me that I don't need. We leave on the 21st of this month.can anyone help with this?

Black and white night is usually the 2nd formal (last) on a 7 day cruise ...not everyone wears black and white but I always try to :-)

This is what I was going to say. You could take one black cocktail dress,/long dress, with a white wrap and a coloured wrap. Both formal nights covered then. You do not have to wear different outfits for the 2 nights, especially as you are flying.

I am going on a 7 night cruise on the oceana . I have checked my cruise personaliser where it says there are 2 formal nights . whenever I've been on p&o there has always been a black and white night on one of the formals but I can't seem to find this info .we are flying so don't want to take something with me that I don't need. We leave on the 21st of this month.can anyone help with this?

I took my black formals on our fly cruise and hubby wore a black and white bow tie -- sorted. I have also taken a B&W cocktail dress in the past and this was ok as well. Don't worry about it at all - just enjoy and look amazing :)

We are also on this cruise, we join Oceana on the 21st.We are flying from Manchester early hours. Hubby takes his tux and various coloured bow ties. This covers our formal nights, we have five in total as we are on Oceana till the 7th Nov. For the Black and white night I normally wear a black dress with white accessories.

There is a roll call for this cruise over on the roll call pages. You might find something of use on it.

Also a meet and greet is set up for the 22nd at 10.30at Le Club. A few people are going to it from the board.

Regards to all

P&W

Don't believe it if the Personaliser doesn't mention a Black and White evening. We were on Adonia in July for a week's cruise and we were told there would be one Formal Evening - no mention there or on the main website in the list of evenings of a Black and White evening. The night before the formal evening when we got our Horizon there it was at the top for the following evening - Black and White formal evening. Consequently the only people really dressed for the occasion were the Officers and Entertainment people. I had put in my black and white jacket that I usually wear on these nights just in case but I would say over 90% of women were not dressed in black and white because no-one had told them about it in advance of the cruise.

An example of shore side Southampton and the ships not in communication! So be prepared for a Black and White evening.

Oh dear ! Communication is not one of P&Os strengths is it ?😞

I am still waiting on the promised communication to passengers re the change in coach time pick ups for everyone. We leave on 30th of this month and still nothing 😕

Should have realised we can't rely on the information on their website. That is why these boards are so helpful 😊

Sue x