Inside to Oceanview Upgrade on the Gem

Presbycruiser

I saw on my TA's website that the price of an oceanview had dropped enough that it was the same as an inside. I called and was able to get a free upgrade as a result. I am now somewhat forward on deck 4 (next to the stairs and elevator, but only with other cabins on top of my new cabin). It's only a porthole, but the tie breaker for me was the space ... the new cabin is 161 square feet compared with 143 in my previous inside.

My TA also said that the ship still looks "wide open" so keep your eyes on further price reductions. If the price drops further, and it may very well do so, another upgrade, at least within the same type of cabin, may be available. This is for the Nov 23 sailing, the one with no solo supplement.

I saw on my TA's website that the price of an oceanview had dropped enough that it was the same as an inside. I called and was able to get a free upgrade as a result. I am now somewhat forward on deck 4 (next to the stairs and elevator, but only with other cabins on top of my new cabin). It's only a porthole, but the tie breaker for me was the space ... the new cabin is 161 square feet compared with 143 in my previous inside.

My TA also said that the ship still looks "wide open" so keep your eyes on further price reductions. If the price drops further, and it may very well do so, another upgrade, at least within the same type of cabin, may be available. This is for the Nov 23 sailing, the one with no solo supplement.

Yes,keep watching. We have done this many times and also watch your email for upsell fairy. We were in an inside on ncl Dawn 14 nt cruise 10/30 and got email and upgraded to a balcony deck 10 for $600 total.

Yes keep watching. We booked back in April in an picture window ocean view on the 8th floor back in April. We will leave soon for our cruise. We got upgraded to a Guarantee Balcony which we got our stateroom and recently got upgraded again to a guarantee Mini suite...so it does happen. I now see my cruise is sold out.