Ocean Blue Menu

executive2

8aec8fd233f1fd49bb7c06986a0be891.jpg

Just got off the Getaway today! Here is the a la carte menu !

Kerry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that answers some questions re a la carte pricing. No extra charge for sides, I see, at least at Ocean Blue. Any limit to the number of sides you can order? Not sure any of the desserts are worth the $5.

I have read if you have UDP there is a $15 surcharge for Ocean Blue. True? For three courses? Are there other up- charges?

Do you actually have the old UDP or is it the SDP? If it is SDP, there are $15 up charges for Ocean Blue, and Supper Club and Bayamo on the Escape. $7 up charges for Sushi and Raw Bar venues and Pincho Tapas.

If it's actually UDP, per the T&C's was supposed to be a 25% discount at the a la carte venues and all others included with no up charges. But those Terms were written back when there were very few a la carte venues. Not clear, at least to me, how those packages will be handled now that Cagneys, Le Bistro and La Cucina are a la carte. I bought that UDP package with the understanding that Cagneys, Le Bistro and La Cucina were included at no additional charge. Will not be happy if I am now charged additional.

I have the SDP for my next cruise. Checked my paperwork, and it does state the $15 upcharge for Ocean Blue. Hope somebody goes there and reports back as to what we can order for the $15 upcharge. I can only assume, it includes one app, one main, sides and one dessert. But you know what happens when you "assume." And thank you to Kerry for posting the menu.

From what I take , if you have the dining package, it would be included . (Ex Cagneys, once it goes a la carte) . Unless it was one of the specified ones who had an up charge price.

As far as Ocean blue our friends had the dining package and they just paid the up charge and it was one of their nights.

Kerry

Edited by Meekofigaro

We have UDP that we got as a booking bonus last December. We did not have to pay 18% grats as it was included. So we would get 25% off?

The "Terms" say 25% discount at Ocean Blue. So, it appears it will either be a 25% discount OR a $15 up charge. If the items you select would total @$40, the discount would be $10, leaving you with a $30 charge plus 18%. You'd be better off with an up charge of $15 here, but I have not seen anything official from NCL.

From what I take , if you have the dining package, it would be included . (Ex Cagneys, once it goes a la carte) . Unless it was one of the specified ones who had an up charge price.

As far as Ocean blue our friends had the dining package and they just paid the up charge and it was one of their nights.

Kerry

You refer to a "dining package". You refer to "it" being included. Not clear if you are talking about UDP or SDP or what venue "it" is. Under SDP, there are several up charges for various venues. If your friends had SDP, then Ocean Blue would incur a $15 up charge.

Not clear what will happen now with the UDP, who's Terms are totally different from the Terms of the SDP. Unless you have some new info?

Kerry, regarding your friends who went to Ocean Blue and paid the upcharge -- do you know if they were allowed to order anything from the menu? No restrictions? One app, one main, one dessert? If yes, then the $15 upcharge seems very fair. The new menu looks great. Thanks Kerry.

8aec8fd233f1fd49bb7c06986a0be891.jpg

Just got off the Getaway today! Here is the a la carte menu !

Kerry

Thanks for the menu - Wow, the prices are low especially for the appetizers and desserts. Question - How many sides did they let people have for the main dishes / course?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

You refer to a "dining package". You refer to "it" being included. Not clear if you are talking about UDP or SDP or what venue "it" is. Under SDP, there are several up charges for various venues. If your friends had SDP, then Ocean Blue would incur a $15 up charge.

Not clear what will happen now with the UDP, who's Terms are totally different from the Terms of the SDP. Unless you have some new info?

I am taking about the SDP once some of them go a la carte .

I did not ask about the UDP. So I can't speak to those terms.

I meant that you would treat the restaurant as you do now even though it was a la carte from my understanding if it was one of your choices. ( choose what you want)

But I guess no one really knows until more places go a la carte .

Kerry

Kerry, regarding your friends who went to Ocean Blue and paid the upcharge -- do you know if they were allowed to order anything from the menu? No restrictions? One app, one main, one dessert? If yes, then the $15 upcharge seems very fair. The new menu looks great. Thanks Kerry.

That I am not sure.. I didn't ask them.

Kerry

I will be on the Getaway in six weeks I have the old UDP... When I originally booked the specialty restaurants in August , Ocean Blue and the Illusionarium (floor seating ) were 25% off....this week when I went back out those 2 venues are now $15 up charge plus gratuities. All other specialties are 'no charge'. I didn't reserve Ocean Blue then but assuming I can order anything on that new menu I'll be booking a dinner this week

We went there on the Breakaway last week. We each had an appetizer, a soup and an entree. It was the $15 charge, we had UDP.

We ate at Ocean Blue last night (second time this week)!!

We pre-purchased the 3-meal SDP and I can confirm the $15 up charge (plus the usual 18% for a total of $17.70).

For that price, were were able to order multiple starters and desserts (the king crab legs are wonderful - not so crazy for the stone crab claws). Also, any main except for the Seafood Extravaganza can be ordered. We had the surf & turf and seven seas platter, no problem.

• Like 1

We went there on the Breakaway last week. We each had an appetizer, a soup and an entree. It was the $15 charge, we had UDP.

So $15 plus the $20 per meal average with the UDP, and the meal was $35. If you added up the a la carte charges for what you actually ordered, applied a 25% discount, and added the $20 average UDP meal cost of $20 which way would you have come out ahead?

Probably a moot point as it looks like they are doing the up charge rather than the 25% discount, but just curious.

So $15 plus the $20 per meal average with the UDP, and the meal was $35. If you added up the a la carte charges for what you actually ordered, applied a 25% discount, and added the $20 average UDP meal cost of $20 which way would you have come out ahead?

Probably a moot point as it looks like they are doing the up charge rather than the 25% discount, but just curious.

We have 4 day SDP ($21.83 per meal) plus the $15 (plus gratuity) upcharge of $17.70 = $39.53 to dine at Ocean Blue. We would have difficulty breaking even here. Not worth it.

*I'm not sailing a ship with Ocean Blue. Just making an example.

We have 4 day SDP ($21.83 per meal) plus the $15 (plus gratuity) upcharge of $17.70 = $39.53 to dine at Ocean Blue. We would have difficulty breaking even here. Not worth it.

*I'm not sailing a ship with Ocean Blue. Just making an example.

I did a couple sample menus for myself. On one, I would have saved myself $4 or $5 just by going strictly a la carte. So no savings from having a package. With the other sample menu, I would have saved myself about $10 with a package. So, for those up charge venues, it would really pay to know what you would order and the prices in order to know where you stand. I don't know that I'd waste one night of a 5 night SDP if my total meal cost was going to be less than my SDP nightly cost plus the $15.

At the risk of making people angry, I have to admit that Andy Stuart was right when he said that going à la carte can save people money. It's reasonable for people to go here and have a nice meal while paying less than what the original cover charge was. It will be interesting to see the new menus for Cagney's and Le Bistro on Escape.

At the risk of making people angry, I have to admit that Andy Stuart was right when he said that going à la carte can save people money. It's reasonable for people to go here and have a nice meal while paying less than what the original cover charge was. It will be interesting to see the new menus for Cagney's and Le Bistro on Escape.

Because the a la carte pricing is for those that eat small like 1 or 2 courses / 2 plates while the SDP / UDP package is for those that eat big like full 3 course and extra food on top. Yeah, Andy Stuart know his customers well. :) (A la carte works well for due to it saves me $10-15 since all I can eat now is 1 main course or 2-4 apps with/out dessert only)

Some people can be upset all they like - Andy Stuart did right by people who can't eat alot because of medical conditions or just not natural big eaters. Its not as if he remove the dining packages when he made the some of the restaurants a la carte - so there plenty of options in how to eat at specialty restaurants on NCL.

Edited by maywell

Because the a la carte pricing is for those that eat small like 1 or 2 courses / 2 plates while the SDP / UDP package is for those that eat big like full 3 course and extra food on top. Yeah, Andy Stuart know his customers well. :) (A la carte works well for due to it saves me $10-15 since all I can eat now is 1 main course or 2-4 apps with/out dessert only)

Some people can be upset all they like - Andy Stuart did right by people who can't eat alot because of medical conditions or just not natural big eaters. Its not as if he remove the dining packages when he made the some of the restaurants a la carte - so there plenty of options in how to eat at specialty restaurants on NCL.

One can still eat 3 courses for less than the original cover was, while still having several choices.