Out of the cruising game for a while...

bgyoshi

Hello everyone! I've been out of the cruising game for a couple years what with having a baby and all...now we're back! We're ready to take on cruising with a toddler! So we want to go on Oasis Eastern Caribbean next May. So far, it's me, my husband, my mother, and the toddler. And I want to book our cabin.

1. Do people who have had experience cruising with family (I've only ever cruised with my husband!!), find that it's better to book 2 cabins or 1? Considering if we'll feel cramped 4 to a room vs cost of course.

2. My brother in law might join us, will it be super expensive for him to book 1 room by himself, or can we move my mother in law (in name), so it looks like 2 adults to a cabin instead?

3. My in laws might also join us, haha, if they do, can we switch cabins and such so we're closer to each other, later on?

I hope I'm making sense! Boy does your brain turn into mush sometimes after having a baby haha. Thanks everyone, can't wait to cruise again!

I would opt for two staterooms, as that will give you two bathrooms, and the ability to have some privacy.

With regard to switching people around, the cruise line does not care where people are sleeping, so switching after you board is not a problem. However, switching names on the bookings pre-cruise can be an issue. Royal requires that at least one of the original names on the booking remain the same, otherwise the cruise will be re-priced.

Edited by clarea

Ah yes...bathroom! How did I not think about that? I'm playing around with different room options (when the site doesn't crash on me!), it seems a balcony with an interior is only a few hundred dollar difference but we get 2 bathrooms!

Thanks for the tip!