Maui or Kauai for Helicopter Ride?

sjmbruce

Hands down Kauai. There is so much of the island that is not visible (or as visible) except by air. The flight down though Wiama Canyon, multiple waterfalls, and the Na Pali Coast Line (also visible from the sea). The only downside to flying over any of the islands is to be prepared for rain. We have flown over Kauai and Hilo/VNP and got rained on both trips. VNP was a real downer because of the rain, Kauai was not too bad for most of the trip.

Agree. Hands down Kauai. I still get chills ( good ones ) just thinking about it. We loved Blue Hawaiian. They picked us up right at the ship. You get a discount I believe by booking on the website.

Book the first possible tour of the day. We did ours on day 1, ( this was when the POA had an early arrival ) so that we might be able to reschedule in case of a rain out, but we had beautiful weather. This was in August. Winter months ( for us ) In Hawaii are wetter. Hawaii tends to cloud up in the higher elevations after 12:00 reducing visibility and increasing chances for rain.

If you are overnighting, and traveling in the wetter season, you might book first tour on day two instead of day one for potentially better weather.

We did Blue Hawaiian in Kauai and it was an amazing experience!!! They told us that they rarely cancel for rain because it is always raining somewhere. [emoji1] We flew in and out of a few rain storms but it cleared up in between. We flew through no less than 6 rainbows!!! The most magical experience!!!! There was a rainbow in the volcano!!! Heavenly!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did Blue Hawaiian in Kauai and it was an amazing experience!!! They told us that they rarely cancel for rain because it is always raining somewhere. [emoji1] We flew in and out of a few rain storms but it cleared up in between. We flew through no less than 6 rainbows!!! The most magical experience!!!! There was a rainbow in the volcano!!! Heavenly!!!

My only concern with Blue Hawaiian would be my husband and I being stuck in the two middle seats in the back. Any thoughts on the seating situation?

My only concern with Blue Hawaiian would be my husband and I being stuck in the two middle seats in the back. Any thoughts on the seating situation?

The seats were very roomy and comfortable compared to others we have been on. They also had huge windows. They will seat you according to some magic formula regarding weight. (Nothing that is embarrassing in any way.) We actually went with another couple and bought all 6 seats on line for the 4 of us. (It was only a few more dollars each to get all 6 seats than through the cruise line for only 4 seats with the online purchase discount!) So we had 2 in the front with the pilot (amazing) and 2 in the back. We all did say it would not have been uncomfortable with 6. They sell a recording of the actual flight that is incredible!