Stockholm transfers?

We arrived in Stockholm and took the bus into the city from the airport. Buy the Stockholm Pass at the airport as U exit the airport. However, with our Stockholm Pass we returned to the airport with the train. Both are covered with the Pass. We loved Stockholm. Very easy to get around. we walked and took the bus everywhere. We flew there following our cruise from Copenhagen to Norway.

If you are staying in Stockholm a wonderful place and inexpensive place to stay is the schooner anchored in the harbor. It is located Center of everything. It is actually a Youth Hostel. Do not worry about your age. We are in our 70's but there we older folks than us staying on the ship. We reserved the Navigator's Cabin. But a larger Captain cabin is also available. Or for as little as 30 dollars U can stay in the main Youth Hostel bldg. More info....

STF Youth Hostel af Chapman is located in Stockholm's city centre on the island Skeppsholmen. The af Chapman sailing ship has recently been renovated from keel to mast (2008), and is one of city's most famous landmarks. It overlooks Gamla Stan (the Old Town) and the Royal Palace.

Our reception is located in a beautiful yellow 19th-century building next to the boat. Its open 24 hours and also houses further accommodation.

Our ecological breakfast buffet is very popular

Need more info just ask. pcavera@mishoreline.com Bev

Hello!

I have lived in Stockholm for a few years and the Stockholm Arlanda airport is not quite close to the city. You can take the Arlanda Express train (or bus or another train) to the city central station. That costs around 40 dollar I'd say. The cruise terminal is not far from the old town.

You can also take a taxi, most taxi companies have a fixed price from the Arlanda airport to anywhere in the city centre.

Keep in mind, if you want to take a cab instead, taxi's can charge what they want, but it has to be displayed on their side window. when you see a number of around 300 SEK on their window, you can consider it a good and cheap taxi.

If you stay in Stockholm for a couple of days, there are many good hotels, they have a Hilton, or many Scandic hotels.

How far is the center of Stockholm to ARN? And to the cruise port? What's the best way to arrange for transfers?

Read the thread (especially the first post) linked in my signature. It will answer your questions regarding transport to/from airport/berth locations and etc.

OK, I am still confused. We are arriving at ARN in the early morning. We will want to get to the hotel, drop off our luggage, have breakfast and start exploring.

I am not sure we will want to manage our luggage on a bus or train and then try to figure out how to find our hotel.

We have traveled to Italy, Greece and other places, and usually contract ahead for a transfer. Are there any recommended companies in Stockholm?

1. OK, I am still confused. We are arriving at ARN in the early morning. We will want to get to the hotel, drop off our luggage, have breakfast and start exploring.

I am not sure we will want to manage our luggage on a bus or train and then try to figure out how to find our hotel.

We have traveled to Italy, Greece and other places, and usually contract ahead for a transfer. Are there any recommended companies in Stockholm?

1. Ok, very possible I only provide info about the options, it is then up to you to choose method of transport, accommodation and etc.

2. The only one I know about is Freys Hyrverk. http://www.freys.se/, quite possible there are others.

• 2 weeks later...

The Arlanda Express train (20 min ARN - central station) is fast and convenient. Lots of hotels in the area when you arrive. Nordic C hotel and Nordic Light hotel are situated right outside the exit from Arlanda Express. And lots of others within just minutes walk from the exit.