barbados thomas cook manchester flight baggage

piatro

we are on adonia D524 on 27 nov flying thomas cook from manchester what happens to our baggage do we have to collect it from the barbados airport carousel or does it go direct to the ship.

All our prev cruises have been from southampton also can we split the 23k each

allowance into more than 2 bags she who must be obeyed is having much stress now she has been told she cannot take her usual 4 cases.

When you arrive at Barbados airport your luggage will go direct to the ship from the plane so the next time you see it will be outside your cabin There are coaches waiting on the tarmac to take the passengers direct to the ship and you do not go into the airport terminal.It is extremely well organised.!

Regarding the luggage allowance if you split the allowance into more cases remember you will be losing some weight because of the extra weight of the case itself.

We always divide both our clothes into the two cases so if one case doesn't arrive we will still have some clothes each.

I think you can buy extra luggage allowance but I don't know how much it is .It will be on the P&O website.

!

We always divide both our clothes into the two cases so if one case doesn't arrive we will still have some clothes each.

We always do this, even if going from Southampton. Don't bother on the way back. Its a clean case and a dirty case!!!!

When you arrive at Barbados airport your luggage will go direct to the ship from the plane so the next time you see it will be outside your cabin There are coaches waiting on the tarmac to take the passengers direct to the ship and you do not go into the airport terminal.It is extremely well organised.!

Regarding the luggage allowance if you split the allowance into more cases remember you will be losing some weight because of the extra weight of the case itself.

I think you can buy extra luggage allowance but I don't know how much it is .It will be on the P&O website.

I recently asked P&O this question as couldn't find it on their website

The reply was as follows

You will need to contact the airline in order to book extra luggage allowance, Please contact Thomson Airways on 0871 231 4787, 3-5 days prior to departure to organise this. You will need to ensure to make the airline aware you will flying through P&O. Charges are based on return flights and are £19.50 for 5kg and £39 for 10kg.

As someone has already said "not worth it when you consider the weight of an extra case to put it in"

Answer in P&O help section as follows for extra luggage.

Thomas Cook longhaul flights contact no 01733 224810

3-5 days before flight to arrange.

£20 for 5kg

£40 for 10kg one way!!!

Seems very expensive as an extra case would probably weigh 5kg empty anyway..

I wouldn't bother paying for return flight as they don't weigh the luggage coming back.