How many Formal Nights?

Avril

I'm leaving for Barcelona in 10 days (SO excited! :D ) and boarding the Nieuw Amsterdam in 12 days (even more excited about that! :D ) and am starting to think about packing. We're sailing on a 13 Day Transatlantic and I'm wondering, how many Formal Nights will there be? I love those nights so I want to be sure to pack enough Formal dresses. I'm guessing 2-3 but not really sure. Also, will they have a Black/White Party one night (the one with the ship's officers)? They had one on my last TA in 2012 (which was also on the N. Amsterdam) but I'm not sure if they still do them. Trying to figure out wether I should pack my black and white dress or not.

Thanks so much!! :D

What does your boarding pass say? You may have less than that, but no more. On an 18-day T-A last year on the Eurodam we had three.

No B-W Ball ... I think those are only done now on really long cruises, like Grands.

Edited by jtl513

I have printed our boarding passes but I didn't see anything on them (or anywhere else in our cruise docs) about Formal Nights or any other night's dress code. :confused: I'll have to have another look.

Ok, I won't bother packing my black and white dress then. One less thing to worry about, plan for and pack is always good!! Strange, we definatly had one of those events on our other 2 TAs (a 17 Night on the Eurodam in 2009 and a 14 Day on the Nieuw Amsterdam in 2012).

I have printed our boarding passes but I didn't see anything on them (or anywhere else in our cruise docs) about Formal Nights or any other night's dress code. :confused: I'll have to have another look.
Should be in the lower left corner of the Boarding Pass page:

Mariner ID:

Booking Party No:

Number of Nights:

Conformed Dining:

Gala Attire Evenings:

Edited by jtl513