Will we make a 10am flight?

Whiterug

We have done San Juan three times and all three time we were at the airport and checked in at the gate well before 9 am. Check in online from the ship -do the self disembarkation- grab a cab (Very reasonable and last time we shared with another couple) and DONT forget to take your bags through USDA screening. I saw so many people who stood in line for a long time have to go back because they didn't do that. Also all three times I was amazed after 9am how quickly and long all of the lines grew.

Edited by CFD130

You guys have been very helpful and informative (which isn't just bc you're giving me hopeful responses to making the flight). I wish all the members of this site would post as you all do!! Thanks for the extra tips!!

our cruise last Feb. was suppose to stop there but due to a tropical storm the ship skipped the island.

We have been on several cruises where the ship didn't stop for all kinds of reasons on this island and others.

So I hope you have insurance for your flight. You never know

our cruise last Feb. was suppose to stop there but due to a tropical storm the ship skipped the island.

We have been on several cruises where the ship didn't stop for all kinds of reasons on this island and others.

So I hope you have insurance for your flight. You never know

Since her cruise begins and ends in San Juan she will have bigger issues to worry about if there is no ship there than just her flights.

I'm from Puerto Rico and I've been flying in and out of San Juan my entire life. In general, if you can make it to the airport early in the morning, you beat the lines. However, as the day progresses, the lines keep getting longer and longer until it becomes chaotic. Most airlines will add extra flights into SJU on the weekends, most arriving and departing mid afternoon, which adds to the chaos. Then around 3-4pm the lines start dying down again.

If the OP can get to the airport early enough, they will breeze through the USDA checkpoint and the security checkpoint. But if there's the slightest hang up and they don't make it to the airport until a bit later, then they'll be in deep doo-doo.

Edited by Tapi