Help with Late San Juan Arrival

I need some input from cruisers who have arrived in San Juan after 4:00pm. I'm on Independence next week and will arrive that late. How soon does it get dark this time of the year? Does the stores in the area tend to close early? Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks

I need some input from cruisers who have arrived in San Juan after 4:00pm. I'm on Independence next week and will arrive that late. How soon does it get dark this time of the year? Does the stores in the area tend to close early? Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks

We were there October 10. It got dark around 6pm.

Everything was open late in Old San Juan. Old San Juan is a bit further from the port, but great local restaurants!

Enjoy!!!!

Edited by sue718

If you are arriving as a port of call the ship will be docked in old San Juan. The stores, bars and restaurants will all stay open late. They will have local vendors and probably live music along the water front. I recommend your city tour when you arrive and then hang out near the ship after dark. You can find other comments of the Sju port of call forum.

What time did they let you off the ship? Thanks.

We got on the Adventure at 11:30am Saturday October 10

We got off the ship and cleared customs at 8:15am Saturday October 17. Taxi back to the airport was quick!

Sue

We were there on September 29th on the Indy and it got dark between 6:00 and 6:30. We were let off the ship between 4:15 and 4:30. We had plenty of time to walk to El Morro and tour the fort, then we walked around and shopped. Some shops were closing at 6:00, but the majority of shops seemed to be staying open due to the ship being in port. There were also vendors set up right outside the port that were there until at least 8:30, which is when we headed back onto the ship.

We were there on September 29th on the Indy and it got dark between 6:00 and 6:30. We were let off the ship between 4:15 and 4:30. We had plenty of time to walk to El Morro and tour the fort, then we walked around and shopped. Some shops were closing at 6:00, but the majority of shops seemed to be staying open due to the ship being in port. There were also vendors set up right outside the port that were there until at least 8:30, which is when we headed back onto the ship.

Thanks, good to know. I'm thinking Senor Frogs as well.

What time did they let you off the ship? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-VS450PP using Tapatalk