Pay movies

odiesam

I am embarrassed to ask this but does NCL have pay movies in the in-room movies? This is important to my husband and son who like to order a movie in the middle of the afternoon. Royal Caribbean offers this but Princess does not; does Norwegian?

Lord, don't give them any more ideas for charging the devil out of passengers! Movies cost them nothing and should be complementary. The day they start charging, I stop sailing with them! I remember the days when bingo was five bucks and skeet was a couple bucks. I don't think I have seen skeet shooting on any ship in the last 6 or 8 years now.

Hmmmmm...what kind of movies do they like to watch?? ;)

That said, they had numerous recently released movies on TV to watch....but hey - they can do that at home!!

(Yeah, right.......my hubbie was very content watching "Million Dollar Baby" one afternoon, too!!!)

NCL STAR has a movie theatre which are shown twice a day, usually afternoon and evening. The movies were pretty current last week. (national treasure, kingdom of heaven, guess who? monster in law) they also provide two movie channels in the room free- and are played all hours. we also brought our laptop to use for dvds, just bought 3 at the video store before we left, and watched them on our time. so you could bring a few along, if you have a portable dvd player or laptop computer. (btw, no snacks offered at the theatre, so bring your own from the gift shop or eat first!) ;)

wow, what ship offers skeet shooting? sounds fun!

Skeet used to be available on a number of cruise lines....however, it's not ecologically friendly and when you add the fact that people who had been drinking (sometimes way too much) had loaded guns in their hands the cruise lines got smart and discontinued it.

Thanks for the information. I meant the type of selection of pay movies you find on TVs in hotels. Our first cruises were on Royal Caribbean and my son and husband were delighted to find a selection of movies - first run ready to go to DVD but not yet - that they could buy and watch - usually late afternoon after a day in port or by the pool. Then we sailed on Princess who did not have this same feature and I had to listen to them complain all week. yes, I know they can do this at home but to each their own.

Are the free movies Norwegian show pretty new? The in-room ones shown on Princess were quite dated.

Isn't the small cinema on the Spirit planned to be removed during its drydock? I was hoping it would distract me from bingo and yet another shipboard expense. :)

I believe you are correct, the movie theatre will probably be missing soon. I'm hoping it's what will be remodeled into a gift shop. The existing gift shop area is too small. Most NCL ships don't have movie theatres anyways, yet movies are shown on every cruise using another venue. I've seen movies shown on the Majesty in the Palace Theatre and on the Sea in the Stardust Lounge.

The bottom line is, even if NCL remodels the Picture House into something else, you can still look forward to watching movies onboard NCL ships.:)

Archived