Sunday in Grenada

Glyn1947

Our cruise ship (Ventura) was due to stop in Grenada on a Saturday and we were looking forward to going to the spice market. Unfortunately we are now visiting on the Sunday. We plan to go to Grand Anse for most of the day. We would like some help with the following:

1. What is the best "touristy " thing to do in St Georges on a Sunday. I have read that the island is very quiet on a Sunday?

2. How easy is it to go to and get back from grand Anse?

3. It seems that Grand Anse is very large. Which is the best bit where we can rent sunbeds with some shade?

Thank you

Philip

• 3 weeks later...
Our cruise ship (Ventura) was due to stop in Grenada on a Saturday and we were looking forward to going to the spice market. Unfortunately we are now visiting on the Sunday. We plan to go to Grand Anse for most of the day. We would like some help with the following:

1. What is the best "touristy " thing to do in St Georges on a Sunday. I have read that the island is very quiet on a Sunday?

2. How easy is it to go to and get back from grand Anse?

3. It seems that Grand Anse is very large. Which is the best bit where we can rent sunbeds with some shade?

Thank you

Philip

in another thread i read that the bus does not run on sunday. taxi's will be available and excursions because a ship is in port. there was no mention if the water taxi will run. Grand Anse looks to be about 15min. drive i read from port. the port area has some nice spice markets and other shops.

http://winenchocolate.com/our-day-on-grenada/

this website might help.