Sea Lion review 9-18-05 take 2

dsnygrl

Sorry I tried this earlier today but it double posted and then was deleted so here it goes again. Just back from the Miracle and my 11 year old and I did the Sea Lion swim at Chankanaab park. We thought it was great. The swim takes place in the Sea Lion show stadium. Our tickets included admission to the park, the swim and a ticket to the Sea Lion show. The tour only allows a max. of 8 persons at a time and that is how many we had. After a brief introduction and lesson on where and where not to touch her, we were in the water. Each person then got a chance to get a kiss and to hold her for pictures. We then went up 2 by 2 and held hands and she jumped over us. There was additional time where we formed a line in the water and she swam up and down so we could pet her. My SO and 4 year old did not participate in the swim but were allowed to be seated in the stadium to watch and take pictures. They also take pictures of you during the experience and make a dvd you watch of yourself when it is over. The park is beautiful and clean. Not a single person bothered us. It was not very crowded and we were able to easily get beach chairs. My 4 year old loved the little cove and beach for swimming and my daughter and I also got to do some snorkeling as well. The food and drinks available are reasonably priced as well. It was a great day and we would all go again.

Thanks for the review. The captive dolphin thing usually gets all the attention, so it is good to get some feed back on the sea lion swim.

Chankanaab is a very nice National Park.

Glad you had a good time.

Shungirl, they actually did something that had to do with a lost treasure and trying to find it. A bit gets lost in the translation. During the show its really funny because they do the same line in both Spanish and English.

Archived