Just Booked!!! I am beside myself

Shell4624

Just booked a cruise for my family of 4, my brother, his wife and my parents.

Allure of the Seas 10/23/2016 cabins 9282, 9284 and 9286.

Any comments on those cabins? I'm told we are across from the room used by the stewards and where luggage is stored upon boarding the ship... May be a bit noisy at times, but who cares we'll be on vacation.

Can anyone tell me the bed configuration for those cabins? And question on the doubles... they show a sofa, can on of my daughters sleep on it if they choose to? For example, I'm going to put my daughters and parents in the quad D4, but if the girls start fighting with each other (that never happens with sisters right), can one come into our room D7 and sleep on the sofa?

Any general deck 9 comments? He put us down for my time dining. I'm hoping it wont be an issue to get a table for 8 each evening.

Either way my only intention is to be in good spirits and enjoy our much needed vacation.

Edited by Shell4624

We were a party of 8 and just showed up when we were ready to eat. We never waited once to be seated. You really don't need reservations with MTD.

Both the Allure and Oasis are destinations on their own. There is so much to do. :)

Any comments on those cabins? I'm told we are across from the room used by the stewards and where luggage is stored upon boarding the ship... May be a bit noisy at times, but who cares we'll be on vacation.

Can anyone tell me the bed configuration for those cabins? And question on the doubles... they show a sofa, can on of my daughters sleep on it if they choose to? For example, I'm going to put my daughters and parents in the quad D4, but if the girls start fighting with each other (that never happens with sisters right), can one come into our room D7 and sleep on the sofa?

Any general deck 9 comments? He put us down for my time dining. I'm hoping it wont be an issue to get a table for 8 each evening.

Either way my only intention is to be in good spirits and enjoy our much needed vacation.

Allure has become one of our favorite ships.

Next year we will be sailing her for the third time and hope to see all the stuff we missed the last two times.

enjoy

Thanks all. I've cruised Monarch of the Seas in 2004 and then Disney Fantasy last October. I cannot image or visualize the size, scale, grandness of this ship!!

Can someone point me to a link that details bed configurations? I'm interested in knowing across our 3 cabins how the beds are aligned...near the balcony or closet?

Thanks all. I've cruised Monarch of the Seas in 2004 and then Disney Fantasy last October. I cannot image or visualize the size, scale, grandness of this ship!!

Can someone point me to a link that details bed configurations? I'm interested in knowing across our 3 cabins how the beds are aligned...near the balcony or closet?

Read this all the way through because there is a correction:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41331318#post41331318

Edited by clarea

Thanks all. I was able to determine bed location for our cabins! Much appreciated.

Another ? our TA gifted OBC across the 3 rooms. In email says the OBC will be added to our accounts about a week out of our sailing date. OBC amount does not show on our booking confirmation sheets from Royal.

Should I be concerned or is this standard practice?

Thanks all. I was able to determine bed location for our cabins! Much appreciated.

Another ? our TA gifted OBC across the 3 rooms. In email says the OBC will be added to our accounts about a week out of our sailing date. OBC amount does not show on our booking confirmation sheets from Royal.

Should I be concerned or is this standard practice?

TA OBC does not show up on Royal's website or documents. It's between you and the TA.

Edited by clarea

TA OBC does not show up on Royal's website or documents. It's between you and the TA.

I just booked the Classic Romance Package for our November sailing and the OBC appeared on the amenity confirmation. I am booked through a travel agent.

I just booked the Classic Romance Package for our November sailing and the OBC appeared on the amenity confirmation. I am booked through a travel agent.

Not familiar with the OBC you are referencing, but if it comes from the Classic Romance Package, then it is a Royal OBC.

Sounds like a fun trip!

TA OBC will show on an amenity invoice, once the TA has actually purchased it, very often a TA will not purchase the OBC until very close to sailing

Hi Shell!

I am so excited for you!! I am in the same position as I will be booking soon and it's been a really long time coming and I am so exited. My last and only cruise was Monarch of the Seas which I noticed you were on and that was in 1993! We have traveled in between but not on a cruise. I remember I had SO much fun on that ship. I remember being thoroughly exhausted when we came back because there was so much to do all the time between the ship and the ports. And that is such a small ship compared to the Allure. I just can't imagine the Allure- which is what I will be booking- but I so can't wait. Anyway I had a question. I see people talking about D7 rooms etc. as you have and what am I missing? It's probably a really stupid question but when i go to potentially book a reservation, all I see are the different room types like suite, balcony, inside room etc. I don't see rooms with letters. Would you mind explaining? Thanks so much!