Cancelled excursion purchased with gift card

jc4me

We had an excursion booked for our upcoming cruise that we changed our mind about. When I cancelled it there was a message that said if it was purchased with a gift card that the purchase price would be put on a gift card and returned. I am assuming (and hoping) that the gift card will be mailed to me as I have thrown away the gift cards that I used because they no longer had any value. Does anyone have experience with this? How long did it take to get the gift card? Would love to have it before we leave next Friday, but not sure if that will happen.

You will get a new gift card. Can't say that you will get it by next Friday. I pay everything with gift cards including excursions. The quickest return for a cancelled excursion was a week. It has also taken as long as a month to get the replacement card.

I keep all of my gift cards since they are like a receipt. I write down what I use them for then just keep them in a envelope. I've had to reference a gift card # before. So I would advise to just keep them until your trip is over. Just a suggestion .

Hmmm since your on a tight time frame to get the refund card I would call Carnival, explain to them the situation and how you are leaving next Friday and wanted to use that gift card balance for this cruise. I would imagine there is a way they can give you a matching on board credit, or add the refund to your sign and sail account but don't quote me!

You will get a new gift card. Can't say that you will get it by next Friday. I pay everything with gift cards including excursions. The quickest return for a cancelled excursion was a week. It has also taken as long as a month to get the replacement card.

I keep all of my gift cards since they are like a receipt. I write down what I use them for then just keep them in a envelope. I've had to reference a gift card # before. So I would advise to just keep them until your trip is over. Just a suggestion .

Lesson learned for sure! Hopefully the new card will come by next Thursday, but if not we have another cruise booked so it isn't a big problem. Thanks for the insight :)

Hmmm since your on a tight time frame to get the refund card I would call Carnival, explain to them the situation and how you are leaving next Friday and wanted to use that gift card balance for this cruise. I would imagine there is a way they can give you a matching on board credit, or add the refund to your sign and sail account but don't quote me!

If we didn't have another cruise booked I would call them for sure, but if it doesn't arrive before we leave we can always use it next year! Thanks for the response.