And yet another butler tipping question

denas

So I know that I need to tip the butler/concierge. The promo I booked under way back in March included $200 OBC. However, when I looked at my amenities statement most recently it actually is listed as a "Free $100 onboard credit certificate non-refundable". I have already called and they assured me that one credit certificate is applied to each individual account, so the total adds up to the $200 OBC.

What is confusing is if I can use this OBC to tip the butler/concierge? Somewhere else, someone stated only "refundable" OBC can be used for gratuities. I have all the drinks and dining included as well as the daily DSC, so was planning on using this for the butler/concierge as I can't think of anything else I would spend onboard. But I don't want to find out the last day it doesn't work for gratuities because I could certainly waste it on a massage or Bingo or NCL photos or coffee or something else if it won't cover gratuities!

So I know that I need to tip the butler/concierge. The promo I booked under way back in March included $200 OBC. However, when I looked at my amenities statement most recently it actually is listed as a "Free $100 onboard credit certificate non-refundable". I have already called and they assured me that one credit certificate is applied to each individual account, so the total adds up to the $200 OBC.

What is confusing is if I can use this OBC to tip the butler/concierge? Somewhere else, someone stated only "refundable" OBC can be used for gratuities. I have all the drinks and dining included as well as the daily DSC, so was planning on using this for the butler/concierge as I can't think of anything else I would spend onboard. But I don't want to find out the last day it doesn't work for gratuities because I could certainly waste it on a massage or Bingo or NCL photos or coffee or something else if it won't cover gratuities!

You can use your OBC whether refundable or not for tipping the butler or concierge. You just can not use it for the DSC. Go to the Guest Services desk and let them know the name of your butler and they will give you a voucher that shows the amount. It will be deposited to their account and you will have a two copies, one for you to keep and one for you to give to them letting them know about the tip.

Have a wonderful time!

You can use your OBC whether refundable or not for tipping the butler or concierge. You just can not use it for the DSC. Go to the Guest Services desk and let them know the name of your butler and they will give you a voucher that shows the amount. It will be deposited to their account and you will have a two copies, one for you to keep and one for you to give to them letting them know about the tip.

Have a wonderful time!

Thankyou! I book all my excursions independently and with the dining plan and beverage plan already included, I had nothing else really planned for that OBC! Glad to know I can use it for the butler/concierge

Thankyou! I book all my excursions independently and with the dining plan and beverage plan already included, I had nothing else really planned for that OBC! Glad to know I can use it for the butler/concierge

We are in the same boat. We have UBP, UDP and excursions all paid for as well as the spa. We have about 500 OBC to use and will be using it for tipping as well. I have heard that some Guest Services people don't know how to do this. If this happens, just ask for a manager or supervisor and they will take care of it for you. :)