Noise on deck 14 in cabins under pool?

I have cabins in central park deck 14 midship...anyone have ever stayed on that deck and experienced anynoise from above?

Freedom Class ships do not have a Central Park and there are no residential staterooms on deck 14.

If you are asking about deck 14 on Oasis Class ships, then yes, there is a possibility of hearing noise from the pool deck, including chair movement, heavy footsteps from people running/playing around the pool area, and bass vibrations from any live music events that may play on the pool deck during the day. However, nighttime is generally quieter. And, if you are out of your stateroom during much of the day, I would not consider it to be too much of an issue.

I have cabins in central park deck 14 midship...anyone have ever stayed on that deck and experienced anynoise from above?

I have always had deck 12 just for that reason. however, a person in our roll call had a cabin in that area and he said he heard one noise at 5am on one day, other than that he was fine.

Near the front of the ship on deck 14 can be really noisy when they have the dance party in the Solarium. I was on deck 12 under there in 2011 and it was awful from 11pm to 3am. Midship should be ok.

Edited by BillOh

I have always had deck 12 just for that reason. however, a person in our roll call had a cabin in that area and he said he heard one noise at 5am on one day, other than that he was fine.

Near the front of the ship on deck 14 can be really noisy when they have the dance party in the Solarium. I was on deck 12 under there in 2011 and it was awful from 11pm to 3am. Midship should be ok.

we have cabins 14193, 14207, and 14607...I am worried we got a pretty good deal we only paid 1630 for each cabin of 2 and I now see there are only GTY lefts for 2056 I believe...I always have problems being under some kind of busy area...lol

We had a cabin on Deck 14 abt two years ago. The constant noise level from the Sports Court above led us to conclude chose your room carefully. For example under the video arcade or "Oasis Dunes ( Putting green) should be fine. It looks like your have Central Park cabins are under pools. You may hear pump motors but cant say from own experience since we have not been in that area

We had a cabin on Deck 14 abt two years ago. The constant noise level from the Sports Court above led us to conclude chose your room carefully. For example under the video arcade or "Oasis Dunes ( Putting green) should be fine. It looks like your have Central Park cabins are under pools. You may hear pump motors but cant say from own experience since we have not been in that area

I am going to keep an eye for for price drops on oceanview balcony as of right now the are about 600 more a cabin...I don't see justifying that price...

Nights on pool decks aren't always so quiet.

Sometimes the crew will do a major cleaning, moving around lounges, etc... and you might hear the scraping and banging.

-------------------

I call it the crew chair throwing contest, and it sometimes happens at 4am.

On our Oasis cruise, we were upgraded from a balcony cabin to a junior suite on deck 14. At first I wondered if I should do it considering it's under the pool deck, but who the heck passes up an upgrade like that!

We did hear very minimal deck chair banging/scraping...maybe a total of 3 or 4 times all week for a few seconds each time. I LOVED that I just had to walk up one deck to get to the pool and windjammer. It was really convenient.

• Thanks 1

I've never been higher than deck eight on any cruise. Booked 2016 on AOS, midship with balcony on deck 13. Anyone been on deck 13 and have problems with noise, etc? Thanks.

Idk how you booked a cabin on deck 13...allure doesn't have deck 14.... lol it goes from 12 straight to 14

On our last Allure cruise we had a balcony cabin on Deck 14 under the Solarium. The pros - run up one short flight to get coffee at the Solarium cafe.

The cons - moderate chair scraping at 4 am, and the low but distinct sound of beating bass during the Solarium late night parties. I think there were 2 parties in a 7 day cruise.

I would suggest that you bring earplugs or download a white noise app on your phone. On the positive side, you will be able to sit out on your Central Park balcony and enjoy the live classical duet that plays most evenings in the Park. Sounds like you got a great deal, so relax and enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...