Luggage Tags

mmbrad02

Laminate them at home, punch holes in them, put zip ties (actually I use bread ties) thru the holes, put in my carryon bag and when I get off the plane to go to the port I attach to suitcase handle. Never have had a problem with them coming off or getting torn. I use packing tape to laminate them. Have fun on your cruise--it won't be your last. lol

17 cruises so far and we just fold the paper in thirds and put it in the outside zippered part of luggage till we reach the port, then the porter staples it on for us. Have never had a tag even come close to coming off. As soon as they get to the stateroom we rip off the tags and throw them away.

I read a few stories (here on CC) that put them on before flying. That was the only thing that saved their luggage. --->Their luggage arrived at first or second port ? I guess it went off on a sight seeing tour of it's own :eek:

So, now every time, even when we fly in a day early, I ALWAYS, put mine on ahead of time. I also include a couple extra copies in my carry on and inside the checked bag just in case. Also to note. I do have the plastic tags bought off Ebay and several of them were worse for the wear this last cruise. I think the luggage handlers at either the port or the airline were very rough. I ended up having to trash one of my suit cases as well. :rolleyes: I guess a good reason to get some new ones in time for our up-coming trips!:cool:

You can also go on Amazon.com and order a plastic holder with a tie to insert your luggage tags in. One of luggage tags was nearly torn off last cruise and I found

There on amazon . There are two sizes, I got both sizes and have loaned them to my friends going on cruises and they think they are great.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I pack a tiny stapler (less than 2") in one of my suitcase's outer pockets, then fold and staple the tags several times in a few different spots. I don't rely on one staple to hold them on, since I know how roughly the longshoremen handle the bags. I also put one tag on the top handle and one on the side handle, since it's unlikely that both would be torn off (I've never had one torn off).

• 4 months later...
I bought the tag holders (here at cruise critic store) once we figured out first wouldn't be our last. :D. They really do work well.

How do they attach? Is the thingie that you attach it with sturdy, last more than once?

Edited by crusinpsychRN

We "laminate" the tags with packing tape and staple them on. Its very strong, I have carryon bags that have bags still on them from 2-3 cruises ago that way.

Dont forget to print extras and put one in each of your luggage in case it gets ripped off for any reason! That way people know what boat and room your in to return it.

Edited by Savlamara

• 6 months later...
We "laminate" the tags with packing tape and staple them on. Its very strong, I have carryon bags that have bags still on them from 2-3 cruises ago that way.

Dont forget to print extras and put one in each of your luggage in case it gets ripped off for any reason! That way people know what boat and room your in to return it.

Best thing to get are the luggage tag holders from Amazon. They are great and have a metal connecting ring. Dont worry about them coming off like mine did one time even wrapped in clear packing tape.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

I bought some luggage tags off Amazon about a month ago for my upcoming trip(1st timer also). They look really sturdy and definitely a good investment if you plan to cruise multiple times. They only cost me a few bucks. Only thing I will say is this particular one only fits the carnival tags. I'm honeymooning on Royal next July so I'll have to buy different ones for that trip, not a big deal. There's 4 in a pack.4c5ef03c335da654cf20bd4d42993fcb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We use the clear packing tape and staples. After folding, and sliding the tag onto your luggsge, we staple and then tape the two ends together.

A number of people have mentioned this and it it what we do as well. Have never lost one in 19 cruises.

Also the Idea of putting one in your luggage is good to do as well.

• 2 weeks later...
I trim off the sides and just use the middle portion with my cabin number on it. I write my name on both ends then fold in half and laminate. I punch a hole in the end and attach with zip ties. You can use clear tape or contact paper if you don't have access to a laminator. Not only does it last any rough handling but it stays nice for your scrap/memory book. Enjoy your first cruise!

This is what I do also. Works great.

After laminating our tags for all of our cruises, I finally bought the holders on Amazon for our upcoming cruise.

One thing that I do is print off one luggage tag. I put our name on it with a label maker. Then I print off copies for the rest of the luggage. Just saves time having to write our name over and over. I too print an extra set for inside the luggage just in case.