Smart Casual-Blu

LynnVB

Have read the dress code for Blu and sailed AQ on Eclipse. That trip husband dressed more formal. We are sailing AQ on Summit and husband is hoping to go less formal-blue blazer at the most. For recent Summit AQ passengers, will he be out of place?

He will be fine even in Blu. Lots we have seen just wear nice shirts and pants. No jacket. Your choice.

Dress all depends on the demographic and itinerary from what we have seen even tho all ships have the same guidelines. Some with more Europeans do appear more dressed up. We have seen lots of navy blazers and other sport coats on FORMAL nights with no problems.

Edited by eandj

The main perk of BLU is no jacket required for us guys! EVER!:D

I agree! I'm in the minority that I prefer the MDR dinner menus, but breakfast, and the always-smart-casual ambiance were both great perks!

Edited by Gig103

Just off the Summit! You'll love Blu - one of the best service crews we have ever encountered! Enjoy Elwis, the sommelier and his style of pouring wine ...

re: clothes: Your husband will be fine with slacks and a shirt and other smart-casual clothes. On formal nights a lot of the gents wore a blazer or sports jacket with or without tie, the ladies accordingly dressed a bit more elaborate than usual but there were some men with slacks and short-sleeved shirt and nobody was interested or bothered by that.

Enjoy your cruise!

Its kinda sad but I am going on Equinox in Blu - two weeks - and from reading CC - am worried about us being oddities - over dressed -

We by nature - dress for dinner as we would do dining out in a nice restaurant at home - because - that's who we are- we like to dress up-

I hope we are not out of order dressing UP rather than down....

We have already planned to notify the maitre d'he that for the three formal nights we will have - we would like to dine in mdr in select with our cousin ( he is mdr select)

ALL of us are pre paid grats select. (yes - I know what select AQ means)

Just kinda sad we are returning to Celebrity which we remember as such a glamour filled line - worried that we will be OTT :(

Its kinda sad but I am going on Equinox in Blu - two weeks - and from reading CC - am worried about us being oddities - over dressed -

We by nature - dress for dinner as we would do dining out in a nice restaurant at home - because - that's who we are- we like to dress up-

We have already planned to notify the maitre d'he that for the three formal nights we will have - we would like to dine in mdr in select with our cousin ( he is mdr select)

Just kinda sad we are returning to Celebrity which we remember as such a glamour filled line - worried that we will be OTT :(

Please don't be worried about being over dressed. We dress appropriately too, elegant and "dressed up" for dinner on cruises AND in Blu, except if we take a night off at the buffet or something lighter. Dinners on our cruises are like "dates" for DH and me. We enjoy it, and it doesn't take much more effort, except for packing a little extra. I find that the loudest voices on CC about dress code, are those pushing the casual agenda. Sure resort casual is allowed, but not preferred by us. Dress like you want, and show the high-end class that reflects a Celebrity Cruise.

Please don't be worried about being over dressed. We dress appropriately too' date=' elegant and "dressed up" for dinner on cruises AND in Blu, except if we take a night off at the buffet or something lighter. Dinners on our cruises are like "dates" for DH and me. We enjoy it, and it doesn't take much more effort, except for packing a little extra. I find that the loudest voices on CC about dress code, are those pushing the casual agenda. Sure resort casual is allowed, but not preferred by us. Dress like you want, and show the high-end class that reflects a Celebrity Cruise.[/quote']

We are self employed - live in very very very rural Scotland - work 24/7 - ugly clothes - cruises to us - OMG - get out the glam - bang on the bling - its our time to shine and we are a very "together"couple - love to get on our glad rags.

Been a good few years since we cruised X (former smokers returning to our favourite line of course now smoke free) - just reading all this "casual" for Blu - and kinda made me think - are we going to look odd...

Hope not ...

No need to worry at all. You will be fine, definitely not "out of order" and since you enjoy dressing up, go for it.

There is usually a mix in styles of dress in Blu as well as in the specialty restaurants, more formal on some cruises and less so on others.

We have noticed that the ratio can even change from hour to hour on the same ship in the same dining room as people come and go throughout the evening.

It is not surprising to see jeans at one table and a tuxedo at the next table, with everyone getting along well and having a good time.

Our enjoyment of a cruise ship dinner has never been spoiled by what somebody else was wearing.

In fact, we enjoy observing the variety in styles of dress and even find the diversity more interesting than when everyone dresses alike.

No need to worry at all. You will be fine, definitely not "out of order" and since you enjoy dressing up, go for it.

There is usually a mix in styles of dress in Blu as well as in the specialty restaurants, more formal on some cruises and less so on others.

We have noticed that the ratio can even change from hour to hour on the same ship in the same dining room as people come and go throughout the evening.

It is not surprising to see jeans at one table and a tuxedo at the next table, with everyone getting along well and having a good time.

Our enjoyment of a cruise ship dinner has never been spoiled by what somebody else was wearing.

In fact, we enjoy observing the variety in styles of dress and even find the diversity more interesting than when everyone dresses alike.

Thanks

It wont even enter my head about others being casual - I am not the fashion police - we were on NCL last year and felt like total lemons all dressed up - :)

Edited by Blondie008

Formal evenings in BLU, should you be so inclined :D or any other place around the Equinox.

image.jpg.938256d9762904d03f9cc62e01030a1b.jpg

Edited by wallie5446

Just off the Summit! You'll love Blu - one of the best service crews we have ever encountered! Enjoy Elwis, the sommelier and his style of pouring wine ...

re: clothes: Your husband will be fine with slacks and a shirt and other smart-casual clothes. On formal nights a lot of the gents wore a blazer or sports jacket with or without tie, the ladies accordingly dressed a bit more elaborate than usual but there were some men with slacks and short-sleeved shirt and nobody was interested or bothered by that.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sad to report Elvyas has left the Summit to persue further education for 2 years. He got off Sunday when we did. After that, he'll move on to bigger and better opportunities. 😥 ☹️. Such a loss for the Summit

On our cruise most men wore either a tux or suit for formal night in Blu. I was happy I packed a suit for DH.

• 2 weeks later...
Sad to report Elvyas has left the Summit to persue further education for 2 years. He got off Sunday when we did. After that, he'll move on to bigger and better opportunities. [emoji26] ☹️.

Oh no!

Edited by 2theship