Craft beers on Silhouette

Shep_Proudfoot

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, Cellar Masters. I am not sure many people have found it. I have never seen anyone else drinking beer. What are your favorites? I can check. Is a Pale Ale the same as an IPA?

Yes, an IPA is a type of pale ale. In fact, IPA means India Pale Ale. There are really only two types of beer, lagers and ales. Lagers use bottom fermenting yeast and are fermented at lower temperatures and Ales use top fermenting yeast and are fermented at warmer temperatures. Lagers and Ales each have several styles associated with them. For example, Belgians, Pilsners, and Bocks under the lager category and Pale Ales, IPA's, Porters and Stouts under the ale category. Hope this helps.

Yes, an IPA is a type of pale ale. In fact, IPA means India Pale Ale. There are really only two types of beer, lagers and ales. Lagers use bottom fermenting yeast and are fermented at lower temperatures and Ales use top fermenting yeast and are fermented at warmer temperatures. Lagers and Ales each have several styles associated with them. For example, Belgians, Pilsners, and Bocks under the lager category and Pale Ales, IPA's, Porters and Stouts under the ale category. Hope this helps.

Good quick description of the two major types of beer!

I used to really enjoy trying different styles, but I now tend to stick with hoppier beers as I don't drink as much as I used to and choose flavor over quantity. :)

I find I have to also watch out for the Alcohol By Volume, ABV. I like staying in the 5-6.5 range so I can enjoy more beer. There are so many great tasting beers our there now.

Cheers!