Embassy Suites- Ft. Lauderdale

CruiserPK

Has anyone stayed at the Embassy Suites lately? I have booked there for a March pre cruise stay. All the reviews I can find are more than a year old. Also, on the hotel website it said that they are renovating with no information as to when the renovations will be completed. Any information would be appreciated.

Cheers, Pam

Pam, I am also booked at the Embassy Suites for next April. I had read about the renovations and was concerned so I e-mailed the hotel and they sent a reply assuring me the renovations will be done by the end of the year or early Jan. I have also read alot of threads here at this forum that alot of of people have stayed here and recommend it.That is why I booked here,plus it is in a nice location near the port and lots of restaurants and stores nearby in case you need anything:) Jaxson

Define "nice"... There are many strip malls surrounding the Embassy Suites with many different types of shops, also grocery, drug, liquor stores, and many many restaurants.

Yes, SE 17th Street is well lit and generally very safe. Of course as you would in any large city, be aware of your surroundings and use common sense.

If you're looking more for a large shopping mall with department stores, etc. then you can take the Water Taxi from the Marina Marriott to the DoubleTree Guest Suites at Sunrise Blvd., and walk a block west to the Galleria Mall... http://www.galleriamall-fl.com/

Galleria Mall is the closest traditional mall. If you don't care to do the Water Taxi, it's about a 10-15 minute cab ride... If you're really into shopping you may enjoy Sawgrass Mills Mall, one of the world's largest outlet malls, about 30 minutes west of Embassy Suites in the city of Sunrise... http://www.sawgrassmillsmall.com/

Yes, Embassy Suites renovations will be completed by January, and it will be as good as new. It's a great hotel and the location can't be beat!

Hey Trent, We are booked at Embassy Suites on November 3 before Coral Princess Cruise. The prices sure weren't any less due to renovations.....do you think everything will be a mess or we won't notice any disruption that one night? Thanks!

Trent I just remembered another question....I thought from reading other posts that Embassy Suites had an airport shuttle but when I called the hotel directly they said it is only "TO" the airport....not "FROM" airport to hotel. Is this correct? Thanks again....your posts are so helpful!

I haven't been in it since they started the renovations, but they said they'd be starting at the top and working their way down. I don't know what to tell you, but the way the building is designed you'll probably hear something if they're working on a floor near you. Personally I wouldn't worry about it for one night, they're not going to be working at night and I'm always up early on cruise day! ;)

I'm not sure what they're doing with their shuttles anymore. Many of the hotels have discontinued them, or are charging for them now and I have trouble keeping up! Embassy Suites is only about 10 minutes from the airport though so a taxi won't be that expensive in you have to take one - $10 or so.

Thanks a million for all your expertise, Trent. I figured that it probably wouldn't be a problem as they wouldn't be working at night. I had also read that a lot of hotels are discontinuing shuttles due to gasoline prices. You are so kind and helpful to share all of your tips!

Hi if you need transportation for going to the hotel or port of miami or port everglades and the airport call alm transportation and tours they have 15 pass vans 28 pass mini buses 49 and 57 pass motor coaches and they are a good company call them at 954-553-6777 also they are 24 hoours a day 7 days a week mention this and get 10 % off

I see BUDDAH only hase two post and there are to promote the sam company. I would consider this selling of ones own product. Is that allowed here?

That was my thought LOL... It was the "mention this and get 10% off" that gave it away.

Archived