What is a good website to check if Mini suites have become avail?

suzw

thank you Mark, have you heard of people being waitlisted and then getting what they want?
My TA said the ship is completely sold out so I am not understanding how there even might be a chance I will get into the mini?
We are taking my 19 month old and realize that the BB will not be enough room for the 3 of us so it is important to us.
thanks
Suz

Suz,
For some reason Travelocity.com isn't working for me right now. I wanted to check and get the description of a BB category. Some do accommodate a 3rd passenger. BB is typically a good cabin to have.
When the ship is full, upgrades are less often to happen. Is the time period you have chosen the only time you can sail? The reason I ask, there is another member I've been talking to that is saying the week of 7/3 is completely open. You would have a good chance of getting the room you want and a better chance for an upgrade. hey! and it's a holiday!
Check all dates with travelocity.com. You can check prices and cabin availability.

Good luck,
Mark

Caribbean Princess 9/04 (Labor Day Cruise)
Grand Princess 10/03 (Halloween Cruise)

Oh...about your waitlisted question.
I was waitlisted last year and got exactly what I wanted. How? I don't know... I've read other members refer to this person as the "upgrade fairy"...
I really hope it happens again this year...

My best advise, pick the cabin you feel you can live most comfortably with, and if you get an upgrade...it'll make the cruise that more enjoyable.

Mark

Mark,
we are firm on the date because there are 16 of us, my parents, sister, brother in law, cousins etc etc.
The BB cabin we have is a great location on the Riveria deck but we feel like our daughters crib will be on top of us. The mini will give us a bathtub, extra tv etc. We were on the grand and knew the cabin size, but thought we would pay for an upgrade when the price dropped 90 days prior. We had no idea that it would be booked solid. I guess we waited too long?
Suz

Suz,
If you booked with Princess directly, I'd call and BEG... seriously...I've done it... Whether it worked, I don't know...but they listened and I ended up with what I wanted.
Do they make portable cribs? If so buy one and keep the receipt. If you get your upgrade, you can always return the crib. If not, still return the crib. It's only a week later. Bad advise, huh?
Honestly, you do have a problem. I wish I had better advise.

Someone help me out here... I gonna wind this nice lady up in prison!!!

Mark

Mark,
you are so funny!
We booked through a TA in Florida. She is checking for me daily about avail. We can fit a crib in the BB, it will just be inches away from us. Princess is providing a portable crib. I was considering shlepping my own, but thought the better of it.
I had the opp to take E730 the other day, but looked in the book and could not deal with the location of it. I thought it would be rocky. After reading on this board I dont think it would have been bad but it is too late now (I will not be so snobby next time!!!) Worse comes to worse, I will call Princess and make some nonsense up and see what I can do. Do they even listen to you if you booked through a TA? I am a captains circle member you know?.... [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Suze, I'm not sure about Princess.
I do know that I booked a Celebrity cruise through a TA, when I needed some info and my TA was closed, I call Celebrity directly...they wouldn't help me at all. And told me I would need to go through my TA with any questions.
Needless to say, that cruise is now canceled and I'm booked directly with Princess now.
You have a lot of people traveling with you...it's a good thing you're using a TA... Let them handle all the troubles.
But I would still call them with some kind of excuse. Have your husband pretend he's handing you the academy award when your done!
At least it will be a good dinner story while your on your cruise!

Mark

Suz,

I think I know what is full -- it isn't the entire cruise, it is rooms that can accommodate 3 or more persons.
I don't think this cruise is full, per the Princess rep I spoke with yesterday. I know when we first looked into the cruise, we needed a 3 person room for a relative and the cheapest option was a mini. All other categories had been sold out!

Christy

If you are waitlisted and a mini-suite becomes open, I don't think it will show up on Travelocity. It will probably be immediately assigned and never drop back into the system.

As far as getting the cabin you are waitlisted for, it depends on what number you are for that paricular type of cabin on the waitlist. Perhaps Princess can give you that information.

Pea

5/9 Golden Princess  [img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;9;23;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400[/img]
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/logos/time98.gif[/img]

Archived