TA discounted fare, will C&A balcony discount apply?

TonyBuzz

Our TA has a discounted fare on a D2 balcony (Liberty 10/16/16) but when I called them, they said the C&A balcony discount could not be combined with this discounted fare. Has anyone else had experience where a C&A balcony discount did not apply?

Our TA has a discounted fare on a D2 balcony (Liberty 10/16/16) but when I called them, they said the C&A balcony discount could not be combined with this discounted fare. Has anyone else had experience where a C&A balcony discount did not apply?

Maybe the discounted fare is due to the general (not balcony) C&A discount, which cannot be combined with the balcony discount.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the quick reply. My TA has the discounted fare listed before I log in or tell them that I am a C&A member. Same fare comes up from multiple computers so I don't think they know I am a C&A member when I see the discounted fare. Thanks as always.

I don't think that's new, but I do see some TA's adverts are now better documenting more clearly that C&A balcony discounts sometimes cannot be combined with the offered rates.

You've got a couple of answers already, but I have another possible reason. Sometimes a TA will book a block of cabins and get a group rate. I suspect that you can't combine the C&A discount with a group rate.

We've been able to combine C&A balcony discounts with a group rate. Could be that the TA just chooses not to apply the discount.

We've been able to combine C&A balcony discounts with a group rate. Could be that the TA just chooses not to apply the discount.

Have to agree - I believe the TA is unwilling to alloy the C & A balcony discount as it will lessen their commission - I do not believe Royal will not allow you to use it. If your booking thru the TA group tho you are stuck

Thanks for all the answers/help. Group/block of cabins from the TA seems the likely thing and understand why the TA would not want to discount further. Funny that the same TA gave me the discount and the C&A on the prior weeks sailing (10/9/16). May have gotten a better TA the prior booking and a lesser TA when I inquired about the second week.

There are some rates that are considered "deeply discounted" by RCCL. You can't use a

C & A discount with them. Don't know if your TA's fare falls in that category. I am eligible for "Interline Rates" (airline employees). They can not be combined with C & A discounts. However other rates can, i.e. Military, Senior, Resident. What I do is price the different options and see what is cheaper after all discounts. Do that with the rate your TA offers. Might just be better to book a higher rate and apply the C & A discount.

There are some rates that are considered "deeply discounted" by RCCL. You can't use a

C & A discount with them. Don't know if your TA's fare falls in that category. I am eligible for "Interline Rates" (airline employees). They can not be combined with C & A discounts. However other rates can, i.e. Military, Senior, Resident. What I do is price the different options and see what is cheaper after all discounts. Do that with the rate your TA offers. Might just be better to book a higher rate and apply the C & A discount.

Makes sense. The 30% current discount with the C&A discount is the better deal. Thanks.

Edited by TonyBuzz