Live blog From Anthem of the Seas Transatlantic

When you posted your cruise compass photos, you expressed something like "if you're interested." I think I speak for a number of folks...yes, we are VERY interested.

Thank you so much for posting all these great photos of menus, etc. Very, very helpful. It's hard to believe you're a novice...you're covering so many of the things we folks with some experience always seem to ask for.

Great stuff!!!

When you posted your cruise compass photos, you expressed something like "if you're interested." I think I speak for a number of folks...yes, we are VERY interested.

Thank you so much for posting all these great photos of menus, etc. Very, very helpful. It's hard to believe you're a novice...you're covering so many of the things we folks with some experience always seem to ask for.

Great stuff!!!

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

I want sure if the cruise compass was something people would like as it is specific to this cruise. However, I'm happy to upload these every day once we get them.

We might be a cruise newbie but we have traveled a fair amount in the past and are posting things we would find useful, especially as a new cruiser.

By the way we are absolutely loving our cruise so far. It really is a great ship :-)

Looking forward to this so much! Thank you!

If you have a chance to take a photo of the coffee shop drink menu, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd also be curious to know what beers are excluded from beverage package at Michaels Pub

Hi conandrob, we are in Michael's pub now and I asked which beers are excluded. All beers are included in the drinks packages apart from Fuller's Vintage Ale which is $15 a bottle.

I've taken some pictures of the menu although not all beers are listed. There is also a $2 difference in the price of spirit flights on the different pages so not sure which cost is right, as they are the same flights.

Also one thing to note is service is very slow in here, yesterday took about 10 minutes which we thought may have been a one off but when we came today only one person serving so it took over 10 minutes. There were also a couple of people shouting from the back to order their drinks and the staff served them. Firstly I thought it was extremely rude that people are doing that and it was disappointing the staff did not ask them to wait as this only encourages that behaviour.

0d8a651e6fa4ee5c08904afe14e07ac1.jpg

b6ef01a44150c607a5629f663f59a7bb.jpg

615684a669acdcc2954bf3340c90448d.jpg

16c0debc412ee325a4d9a7ec96cec4fe.jpg

b6b239dccb34d4d96953f7673612e6d5.jpg

I love that you included photos of the cruise compass. I have one question in Sorrento pizza on the freedom they had a few desserts do they have them on the anthem as well? We board in 33 days. I appreciate you taking the time to post answers to our questions and the beautiful photos. Have a great cruise.:)

I love that you included photos of the cruise compass. I have one question in Sorrento pizza on the freedom they had a few desserts do they have them on the anthem as well? We board in 33 days. I appreciate you taking the time to post answers to our questions and the beautiful photos. Have a great cruise.:)

Hi vrock, no desserts in Sorrentos but there are a few in the coffee shop next door

CruisenovicesUK--- have you seen any of the hard root beer drinks on board.

They are all the rage here in parts of the US, and I wasn't sure if they were on board yet

Thank you!

-Michael

Hi Michael, I'm not sure what root beer is, it's not a UK thing. I assume it's an alcopop of some description?

If you let me know what this is, I will have a look in the bars.

We didn't do much this afternoon but have a sleep, why not, what else are holidays for but having a nice relaxing time?

Tonight we went to American Icon for dinner. Our booking was for 18:30 to allow time before the show. When we arrived there was no queue and we were quickly seated, however, I was surprised by how busy the restaurant was with virtually all tables full even at this time.

The food quality was great with us both opting for a prawn cocktail starter and we also shared Calamari. You could tell the prawn cocktail had been made in advance though and kept chilled as it was very cold. The Calamari was crisp and not chewy.

Main courses were excellent, I chose the surf and turf and the meat was extremely tender and the asparagus and carrots nice and crisp. One thing that would have been nice is some carbs with the dish. My OH had the short rib which she said was excellent on a bed of mash and root vegetables.

For desserts we both opted for the apple pie and ice cream which was again very good. The pastry tasted freshly made, which I would assume is baked onboard, although we would have liked the pie hotter but again just personal preference.

There was a good selection of drinks on the menu and my first choice was the sazerac cocktail although the waitress came back and advised this along with one of the other cocktails was unavailable. Only 3 out of the 5 cocktails was available which is disappointing on day 2 of the cruise.

Ultimately we ordered the New Fashioned and Old Fashioned cocktails although these were extremely strong, so we only drunk half of these.

We chose a Chardonnay and a Merlot with the meal, we hadn't specified which ones but the ones served were very good.

On the dessert menus there were also dessert cocktails so to accompany our apple pie we had he apple pie cocktails which were very strong but also very tasty.

Here are some pictures from this evening.

b7ab4504235a969c95d2165e2f93e652.jpg

The prawn cocktail

e117f34903f28cc1341fa6d8fe29bfe1.jpg

Surf and turf

e5e2854d32c4aaebb7b42791e41e8f95.jpg

The short rib

3055e66f703b10e207cad4750876c4ed.jpg

Apple pie

e8d5d8f2d2388b43ff9554bb7175ca7e.jpg

New fashioned an old fashioned cocktail

f34dacd3fbf894e898ee11836ad3609c.jpg

Apple pie cocktails

Menu continued:

d65bbcfd06f20fa9164a99733194eade.jpg

049d85cc137c10489b750e39c04f6ad4.jpg

2c5fdffbc47ba0a4a8f576979b2c3caf.jpg

796400ca424c0a359611477120c26374.jpg

Additional menu as Royal Night

180c4c527738e518f06827f82ad44ec3.jpg

Oh and here is a random shot for you all. Whilst walking to dinner there was a character which we believe is Princess Fiona, although I stand to be corrected on that one, and my other half had a picture. There were none of the photo team there so you could use your own cameras.

f313a9bcb81ad4e29693c2612b471be6.jpg

I understand that you can bring two bottles of your own wine onboard with you. Have you noticed if people are bringing their own to the dining room? Just wanted to know if that is frowned upon. Thanks

Hi thanks for your question. Yes I believe you can bring 2 bottles on but we have not yet seen anyone take to the dining room. Most people seem to be on a package and drinking glasses.

However, we will ask and see if it's OK

tomorrow

This is so awesome! And your other half is adorable!

I take it from these menu photos that the "taste of anthem" menu is offered "in addition to" not instead of the restaurant's regular menu?

Thanks for your comments, she is smiling at this!

Yes the menu is in addition rather than instead of.

Ok so quick update we saw We Will Rock You earlier which was on par with the west end version we have seen. Audience participation was low compared to west end and volume and bass was turned down significantly.

Currently in the Music Hall which until about 11:30 we would describe as bad wedding music but since then, now 01:55 music has been quite mainstream / chart. The demographic has also significantly changed to around 40ish average.

We are having a great time, drinks package definitely a good idea especially with Grey Goose and Red Bull and Kir Royale. I will update some exact stats tomorrow.

Ok so quick update we saw We Will Rock You earlier which was on par with the west end version we have seen. Audience participation was low compared to west end and volume and bass was turned down significantly.

Currently in the Music Hall which until about 11:30 we would describe as bad wedding music but since then, now 01:55 music has been quite mainstream / chart. The demographic has also significantly changed to around 40ish average.

We are having a great time, drinks package definitely a good idea especially with Grey Goose and Red Bull and Kir Royale. I will update some exact stats tomorrow.

I assume by this you mean age demographic decreases as time of night increases? Is there a live houseband playing? Looking forward to this venue so hoping the house bands who I assume will get on in NJ will be awesome.