Oasis on Port Days

Thanks all!! Looking forward to hearing back from those of you setting sail soon!! Enjoy!!!

Nothing would make me happier than sitting with my hubby, by a body of water..drink in hand, watching our son swim.... Maybe that will be on shore, maybe not....

We live on a beach...so very blessed in that regard. For me oasis is about the ship more so than the ports..and you pay a premium for the ship.. So to get off and pay to sit by a pool at Atlantis, when we already paid to sit by a pool just seems silly to me... But respect and appreciate different points of view as we all walk in different shoes. Love reading each and every post you have all taken the time to write.. Thank you!:)

I live 10 mins from the Port Everglades and I always seem to end up on a Western Caribbean sailing. I have no interest anymore in those ports so I love staying on the ship. Very relaxing and no lines for anything, just avoid the elevators early and when people are returning.

Thanks all!! Looking forward to hearing back from those of you setting sail soon!! Enjoy!!!

Nothing would make me happier than sitting with my hubby, by a body of water..drink in hand, watching our son swim.... Maybe that will be on shore, maybe not....

We live on a beach...so very blessed in that regard. For me oasis is about the ship more so than the ports..and you pay a premium for the ship.. So to get off and pay to sit by a pool at Atlantis, when we already paid to sit by a pool just seems silly to me... But respect and appreciate different points of view as we all walk in different shoes. Love reading each and every post you have all taken the time to write.. Thank you!:)

Love beach living, where are you located. Only thing I can comment on your pool thoughts is Oasis pools are maybe 15 x 40. Atlantis pools are huge, and then there is the water park :D. Also as I mentioned earlier, hardly any breeze when ship is docked. It is easier to get a drink though. ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

I also get up very early on vacation (land or ship). What always amuses me is come about 11am you see a woman walking around the decks with big straw hat, holding her sunglasses and chivvying her husband along . He is usually about 2ft behind her carrying all the books/towels/bags etc and she is always dismayed and surprised that she cannot find 2 seats together in the prime spots!!

Ha! This is a favorite vacation activity of ours too! It is even more fun to see the repeat offenders, they are shocked the first day to not find a chair at 11am, but you see them wandering around the next day with the same level of shock.

Love beach living, where are you located. Only thing I can comment on your pool thoughts is Oasis pools are maybe 15 x 40. Atlantis pools are huge, and then there is the water park :D. Also as I mentioned earlier, hardly any breeze when ship is docked. It is easier to get a drink though. ;)

Not in sunny FL!! We are in CT. But each season brings its own beauty. Except winter, lol.

I am sure my son would love the water park too... Will probably do deep sea fishing in St Thomas for a half day... And still not sure about St Maarten... DH thinks we will get off for at least part of each day... And weather will also come into play... After 3 port intensive cruises, trying to change up a bit..especially with Oasis....

Not in sunny FL!! We are in CT. But each season brings its own beauty. Except winter, lol.

I am sure my son would love the water park too... Will probably do deep sea fishing in St Thomas for a half day... And still not sure about St Maarten... DH thinks we will get off for at least part of each day... And weather will also come into play... After 3 port intensive cruises, trying to change up a bit..especially with Oasis....

I'm just trying to get you off the ship so we can have it to ourselves. ;) CT, huh. Laura is from Weathersfield. Do you recognize this ship? Fine CT treasure.

1446064296220.jpg.5cf4e926624df6bf47f74f2ab8e0d570.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

I also get up very early on vacation (land or ship). What always amuses me is come about 11am you see a woman walking around the decks with big straw hat, holding her sunglasses and chivvying her husband along . He is usually about 2ft behind her carrying all the books/towels/bags etc and she is always dismayed and surprised that she cannot find 2 seats together in the prime spots!!

Back on topic - I dont think I could stay on board because I like to do something different each day (even if I only get off for 2 hours), but I could certainly see the attraction in making the most of a quiet ship.

Too funny! I could lay at the pool from sun up to sun down. I don't like the beach, don't like sand, it's insidious! And I don't like the ocean, you become part of the food chain once you get in. Just give me a deck chair one or two rows back from the pool to get in and out and a drink in my hand and I'm happy. :D

I'm just trying to get you off the ship so we can have it to ourselves. ;) CT, huh. Laura is from Weathersfield. Do you recognize this ship? Fine CT treasure.

Is it the Mystic Whaler?Def. not the Charles W Morgan..... And does not look like Amistad.....

How about if we share on port days, and enjoy a drink together?!?

Wethersfield is beautiful... We are in Avon, with a weekend home in Niantic...but I was born and raised in Waterbury... CT is a beautiful state, but looking forward to no winters and lower taxes some day soon!!

Edited by WineDown17

Is it the Mystic Whaler?Def. not the Charles W Morgan..... And does not look like Amistad.....

How about if we share on port days, and enjoy a drink together?!?

Wethersfield is beautiful... We are in Avon, with a weekend home in Niantic...but I was born and raised in Waterbury... CT is a beautiful state, but looking forward to no winters and lower taxes some day soon!!

It is the Morgan. Father in Law built it. Our plan is to donate it to Mystic. Maybe catch a taping of Maury Povitch. ;). Maybe we'll meet on Oasis some day if your son enjoys it

1446165188054.jpg.e1c4591feb3eb01305547b8226459bd4.jpg

Thats impressive... Bummed I booted the trivia!!! Dont judge a ship by its paint colors! Mystic is such a great town.... Especially for anyone that loves ships....two summers ago the tall ships came in and anchored in our bay...Amistad, Barque Eagle, and many more... It was amazing.....you would have appreciated it!!

I am sure he will love Oasis... I am just hoping I can endure the crowds!!:eek: