U230 Carnival Inspiration

I personally, have never stayed there, but in looking at the deck plan, it appears to be a WINNER! I'd bet you'll enjoy that cabin. CONGRATS! :D

"SKY"

Thanks! It appears larger and no one across from us. If only there was a balcony to really enjoy the wake. :D

We stayed in U243, which is next door. (U243 was wheelchair accessible, and we will definitely NOT stay in one of those again)!

Other than all the reasons we disliked the wheelchair accessible features, everything else seemed pretty much the same as any other OV cabin we've stayed. But being completely aft, I personally, probably wouldn't choose that location again. But that's just my own personal 0.02.

Thanks Sadie! I know from seeing you on CC you have been on this ship a few times.

Jazm2011, thanks for your insight about the cabin. I love sailing aft and seeing the wake but this is the first time without a balcony. Your opinion is worth more than $.02 it is appreciated.

You're welcome.

We've sailed over 20 times on the Fantasy class out of Long Beach.

Forgot to add that the window sill is a deeper than normal, maybe a foot deep.

Edited by SadieN

I was in U230 on the Paradise it was a wonderful room. Also by far the biggest room I've stayed in on a cruise ship. If I ever go on a fantasy class without a balcony again it will be this room. I really loved the cabin, on the Paradise.

We've stayed in U230 on the Inspiration & we'd stay in that cabin again. It's a quiet location and, if the window is clean enough, you can see the ship's wake. The cabin is a bit bigger than regular oceanview cabins, which is nice. We always try to book the aft facing cabins on the Fantasy class ships.

There's a stairway across from your cabin that will take you up to the Serenity area. The doorway wasn't marked, and we didn't know about it until our cabin steward told us to give it a try. It was nice to have access right outside our cabin (and since it wasn't well known, it was basically a private stairway).

Enjoy your cruise!

I actually have stayed in that room. We actually had a small group we were traveling with and we all had the 6 rooms across the back. I didn't find the room was anything special or larger. Just a different type of view. Something different. :D

We've stayed in U230 on the Inspiration & we'd stay in that cabin again. It's a quiet location and, if the window is clean enough, you can see the ship's wake. The cabin is a bit bigger than regular oceanview cabins, which is nice. We always try to book the aft facing cabins on the Fantasy class ships.

There's a stairway across from your cabin that will take you up to the Serenity area. The doorway wasn't marked, and we didn't know about it until our cabin steward told us to give it a try. It was nice to have access right outside our cabin (and since it wasn't well known, it was basically a private stairway).

Enjoy your cruise!

I will for sure be checking out the door. Can you access the door from the cabin to Serenity and vice versa?

Well, not the cabin...but the hallway outside of your cabin. And, yes, we took it both ways. It will actually come out right below the Serenity area and you'll take different stairs up one more flight. You'll see what I mean. It's easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I actually have stayed in that room. We actually had a small group we were traveling with and we all had the 6 rooms across the back. I didn't find the room was anything special or larger. Just a different type of view. Something different. :D

Do you have any pictures that you can share? DM and I are traveling together so if you or any in your party have pics with the beds configured separately, that would be exciting to see

Well, not the cabin...but the hallway outside of your cabin. And, yes, we took it both ways. It will actually come out right below the Serenity area and you'll take different stairs up one more flight. You'll see what I mean. It's easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very cool thanks gumballz!!

Edited by THIS IS US!

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for your tip about the doorway to Serenity. We love reading our Kindles up there if there is seating.

Do you have any pictures that you can share? DM and I are traveling together so if you or any in your party have pics with the beds configured separately, that would be exciting to see

I guess I don't have any, which is strange. I've gone through all my pictures & don't see any. Sorry.

I guess I don't have any, which is strange. I've gone through all my pictures & don't see any. Sorry.

Thanks for looking, we really appreciate it. DM found a great video from one of our favorite contributors Sheri of cruise tips tv. Sheri provides incredible videos and insight. That coupled with cruise critics is a win win!:)

Thanks for looking, we really appreciate it. DM found a great video from one of our favorite contributors Sheri of cruise tips tv. Sheri provides incredible videos and insight. That coupled with cruise critics is a win win!:)

I had a couple pictures I tried to post, but apparently they were too large (or something!) that wouldn't allow them to upload. I'm a total novice at posting pictures. So if anyone can help, i'm happy to try again.