CountryWestern Formal

onefunnygirl

There were two threads going this summer about the whole western formals thing.

Here are the links.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=205376

and

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=205564

My though is that he shoud get a Western tux jacket to go with his vest and bolo tie. Jackets are generall part of formal attire, and if he likes western, a western one is fine. .... and make sure he removes his hat in all "intimate" spaces like the dining room, elevators, and intimate lounges. Atriums and hallways are acceptable places for him to wear the hat.

Have fun reading all the opinions here, lots and lots of them

and make sure he removes his hat in all "intimate" spaces like the dining room, elevators, and intimate lounges. Atriums and hallways are acceptable places for him to wear the hat.

Pet peeve:mad:

I'm in my 50s and grew up ranching. When I was coming up, if my uncle or granddad caught me indoors with my hat on...well lets put it this way, it wouldn't be just my ears that would be burning from their "fashion suggestion."

What is with guys now, hats are for outside. You can tell the real cowboys from the posers by the fact they have that tan face and white forehead thing.

Seems like besides me the only men who take off their hats inside are my 32 year old son and my 91 year old father-in-law.

I would have to agree about the hat thing, but on my recent cruise, women were wearing the ball caps in the dining room at lunch. It's not just the men anymore. While I recognize a "fashion hat", these were the standard baseball caps.

These days, it seems that hats are worn in restaurants etc. Now if they allow "hats" then they should allow jeans in any dining room. I'm pretty casual as is DH, but baseball caps especially when worn backwards in a nice upscale retaurant is just not appropriate to me.

Thank you for all the information.

He has always removed his hat when he comes in so there is no worries there. His boots usually get removed too HAHAHAHA.

As far as being a poser... you need not worry about that. Although a dying breed there are still a few real cowboys left.

I agree with the Jacket too. Now I can print this off and show him. And maybe just maybe I can get him into a regular Tux *smile*

Thanks Again!

Archived