RCCL Quantum class

mrobstad

What is an ADT upgrade? Quantum class are the newest RCI ships, so they do command a higher price, but it would help to know itinerary and time of year. Of course one person's outrageous is another's reasonable. Have you looked at Harmony of the Seas (Oasis class being built now)? It has studios.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got a solo cabin on Anthem for next fall- 9 days,for about $1000+ port taxes. Same ballpark as a solo cabin on breakaway I took on a 7 day. So not terrible.

The key with the studios and studio balconies is to book them the first day or so they are released. On those Canadian 9 day cruises the balconies were running about 900-1100,less depending on your C&A discount.

The key with the studios and studio balconies is to book them the first day or so they are released. On those Canadian 9 day cruises the balconies were running about 900-1100,less depending on your C&A discount.

The site didn't show any solo balconies or studios. I found the studio on a discount travel agent site. A balcony would be great, but since i'm going north, maybe less so then if going to somewhere warm. Who knows, if a family wants more space and wants to incorporate a studio into their grouping, maybe they'll upgrade me :)

The site didn't show any solo balconies or studios. I found the studio on a discount travel agent site.

Yes,that's the issue. There aren't many of these cabins and they shoot up in price quickly.

Most of these cabins only show availability when someone ends up cancelling,so you really have to keep you eye out for them.

One thing you can do is keep checking,they will often list a studio guarantee. While you won't get the double points if they upgrade you to a regular inside,you could get a bigger cabin.

Edited by DaytonCruiser

I got a solo interior on Anthem for 5/14 with gratuities and taxes for $1,176.12. That includes a $50.00 onboard credit. I thought that was a steal compared to what prices are for a cabin for two.

I just booked a solo cruise on NCL jade 12/5 7 days balcony for about same price. Free drinks and 4 specialty dinners and a $100 on board credit. I thought a great deal!

• 2 weeks later...
I got a solo interior on Anthem for 5/14 with gratuities and taxes for $1,176.12. That includes a $50.00 onboard credit. I thought that was a steal compared to what prices are for a cabin for two.

That IS a steal if this is what you mean -

Single full size bed, full bathroom and private balcony. Single occupancy stateroom, no single supplement required.

The decoration and arrangement of our staterooms vary by ship; see below for actual photos. If a ship is not listed here, it means this stateroom category does not exist on that ship. However, you may be able to find a similar stateroom in a different category.

Read more at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/home.do?cabincls=B&cabinType=UB#fGrRUUZyZb3zT5LI.99

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/home.do?cabincls=B&cabinType=UB

-----

Has anyone tried the Super Studio Ocean View on RCI's Quantum Class? To get at or around 1K in price did you book outrageously far out? Also ummm...I guess we loose the double points thing right?

Edited by cruisevv

That IS a steal if this is what you mean -

Single full size bed, full bathroom and private balcony. Single occupancy stateroom, no single supplement required.

The decoration and arrangement of our staterooms vary by ship; see below for actual photos. If a ship is not listed here, it means this stateroom category does not exist on that ship. However, you may be able to find a similar stateroom in a different category.

Read more at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/home.do?cabincls=B&cabinType=UB#fGrRUUZyZb3zT5LI.99

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/home.do?cabincls=B&cabinType=UB

-----

Has anyone tried the Super Studio Ocean View on RCI's Quantum Class? To get at or around 1K in price did you book outrageously far out? Also ummm...I guess we loose the double points thing right?

i don't know what the balcony studios cost, i have an inside (there's no ocean view studio - just inside w/ virtual balcony or studio with actual balcony).

Mine was about $1000 +port taxes/fees for a 9 day to Canada. Just had them add on free wifi and a total of $100 obc. It's for Sept 2016.

I found that RCI's site showed no studios at all for the cruise, i found it at a discount travel agency. 2 other agencies i looked at first did't have any studios either and quoted me double the price for an regular inside instead.

And yes - full size bed, full size bathroom, no balcony. no single supplement.

Edited by Tura Lura

i don't know what the balcony studios cost, i have an inside (there's no ocean view studio - just inside w/ virtual balcony or studio with actual balcony).

Mine was about $1100 +port taxes/fees for a 9 day to Canada. Just had them add on free wifi and a total of $100 obc. It's for Sept 2016.

I found that RCI's site showed no studios at all for the cruise, i found it at a discount travel agency. 2 other agencies i looked at first did't have any studios either and quoted me double the price for an regular inside instead.

And yes - full size bed, full size bathroom, no balcony. no single supplement.

I noticed that Anthem is having a sale right now with the free wifi and OBC. So you booked your room in the past and they're willing to add on the incentives still? That's awesome! Or did you book it recently?

I noticed that Anthem is having a sale right now with the free wifi and OBC. So you booked your room in the past and they're willing to add on the incentives still? That's awesome! Or did you book it recently?

Yeah I booked a few weeks back but now that they have the sale, I called and said gimme :) So they rebooked with the promotions added on.

I'm really intrigued by Anthem, but as a solo female who isn't all that well traveled I'm slightly nervous about navigating the NJ terrain (have never been to NJ or NY and it seems quite intimidating). I have no qualms about any FL ports because I know that whole state top to bottom. I feel like I would be extremely out of my element in the northeast and would worry about things like getting a hotel in the wrong neighborhood, and getting around (airport to hotel, hotel to port, etc). In Florida I have friends who still like me enough to shuttle me around, or I just rent a car or catch a $15 cruise shuttle.

TL;DR: someone reassure me that NJ is not that bad.

(I've also noticed an irritating thing, which is that nonstops from my airport to EWR don't seem to exist unless I pull a "skiplagged" scam.)

Edited by perditax

I'm really intrigued by Anthem, but as a solo female who isn't all that well traveled I'm slightly nervous about navigating the NJ terrain (have never been to NJ or NY and it seems quite intimidating). I have no qualms about any FL ports because I know that whole state top to bottom. I feel like I would be extremely out of my element in the northeast and would worry about things like getting a hotel in the wrong neighborhood, and getting around (airport to hotel, hotel to port, etc). In Florida I have friends who still like me enough to shuttle me around, or I just rent a car or catch a $15 cruise shuttle.

TL;DR: someone reassure me that NJ is not that bad.

(I've also noticed an irritating thing, which is that nonstops from my airport to EWR don't seem to exist unless I pull a "skiplagged" scam.)

I happily hop from place-to-place, doesn't concern me. What does is the price of Anthem in general. I can't find ANY solo cabins (even insides) for less than $2,000 taxes/port fees inclusives. I am very jealous of Tura Lura.

I happily hop from place-to-place, doesn't concern me. What does is the price of Anthem in general. I can't find ANY solo cabins (even insides) for less than $2,000 taxes/port fees inclusives. I am very jealous of Tura Lura.

Where are you looking? I was playing with RCCL's site last night and managed to get it to cough me up a studio balcony for like $1300 all in, although it was doing wonky math and giving me some OBC in the mix.

I did notice that Costco does NOT show the same prices; I was getting those $2000 quotes. Wish I could tell you what dates I was looking at, but can't remember. Probably early/mid spring.

EDIT: Ok, retraced my steps, 4/30 sailing comes out to $1350 for 1 pax in a "super studio ocean view stateroom with balcony guarantee" after fees etc.

Edited by perditax

Where are you looking? I was playing with RCCL's site last night and managed to get it to cough me up a studio balcony for like $1300 all in, although it was doing wonky math and giving me some OBC in the mix.

I did notice that Costco does NOT show the same prices; I was getting those $2000 quotes. Wish I could tell you what dates I was looking at, but can't remember. Probably early/mid spring.

I would LOVE a May / June 2016 cruise. It's the sweet spot for me as its 3 months out from my latest one and allows me to participate into certain promotions. I didn't use Costco, but another hotel-based travel agency. So let me try RCI's direct site. Hopefully they'll offer to match the price?

Edited by cruisevv

I would LOVE a May / June 2016 cruise. It's the sweet spot for me as its 3 months out from my latest one and allows me to participate into certain promotions. I didn't use Costco, but another hotel-based travel agency. So let me try RCI's direct site. Hopefully they'll offer to match the price?

I edited my last message (reload for details) but the date I was looking at was 4/30, and I think it's only a 5 nighter. But still, $1350 with a balcony.

I edited my last message (reload for details) but the date I was looking at was 4/30, and I think it's only a 5 nighter. But still, $1350 with a balcony.

That's a good deal. Since I'm heading north in the fall, balcony wasn't really a priority. But it would be great in warm weather. Though I may never leave the room...

PERDITAX IT WORKED!!!

OMG. So I was doing some tests on different May sailings from Bayonne, NJ. Looking specifically at Anthem of the Seas, 5-night cruise, 04/30/16-05/05/16,- the price shows up at:

$963 INT; $1,045 OV; $1,071 BAL; $1,725 SUT

Which is GREAT. But when I clicked 'Select Cruise' then update the number of persons sailing to 1, the prices go to $2,200 - $2,500.

HOWEVER (*drumroll*) the Super Studio Ocean View was available for $1,200.

So I kept looking and then I called my travel agency. I booked the mid-May sailing 7-night Anthem of the Seas sailing for $1,500 taxes/fees inclusive. I also got the free internet package, a Specialty Dining Package worth $40, and $150.00 OBC.

They only had GTY available so I don't know WHERE on Anthem I'll be but I know I'll have a lovely room and balcony to myself.

Thanks so much! So very very excited to sail on this new ship.