How early is too early? Mariner 16 Oct 2005

clarabelle

Hello everyone! :D Longtime lurking C&A Diamond member, first time poster.

My apologies for starting off with a question, but while trying to find a car service in Cocoa Beach to transport her to the Port Canaveral terminal, my sister was told by one service that they could not pick her up until 1 pm (spoiling our meet-up) because of the port rules of not allowing any car service/taxi/shuttle into the area until noon. :eek: ???

I find this strange since we have (unintentionally) arrived a myriad of times as early as 10 am, due to flight/travel schedules.

Have the rules changed since February? :confused:

Will they really turn the car away if she arrives before noon?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

~Belle

We were told 11:30.....that is when the shuttle from our hotel is scheduled to leave as well as what we were told by the rental car company we are using about their shuttle service to the pier once we return the rental Sunday morning. I was told that they must clear the ship by customs and disembark people before port authority will allow people through. I'm not sure how strict they are b/c this will be our first time sailing from Port Canaveral. We usually sail from Miami and we arrive around 11am and we have to stand in line about 30 min in order to get into the terminal. Never have been turned away though. Hopefully someone will enlighten us a little...I'd like to arrive at the pier as soon as possible so I can be on board just as soon....

I have arranged for a shuttle to pick up my group at the hotel sometime between 11 and 11:30. Other people on our sailing are also being picked up prior to noon. It would appear that either you got incorrect information or they are already all booked up for the morning and are hoping that you won't look any further than their company.

Beth

Just called Port authority and the lady there said that they will let you into the port but you can't board or enter the terminal until the ship is empty....I wanted to say DUH! but I didn't...so it seems that you can arrive at anytime late morning but may have to wait until the ship clears and RCCL begins taking us new passengers.....I would check with a different company or just call a taxi that morning.

Just called Port authority and the lady there said that they will let you into the port but you can't board or enter the terminal until the ship is empty....I wanted to say DUH! but I didn't...so it seems that you can arrive at anytime late morning but may have to wait until the ship clears and RCCL begins taking us new passengers.....I would check with a different company or just call a taxi that morning.

How awesome are you? Thank you so much for making the extra effort and actually calling the Port Authority (now why didn't I think of that???). I will definitely take your advice and just we'll all just call on a taxi service. Thank you again!;)

Thanks for everyone's responses! See you onboard!

Archived